Need to lose 150 lbs

Options
tlleopold13
tlleopold13 Posts: 9 Member
Hello everyone, I just started on here and need all the support and motivation I can get. This is far from the first time I've tried to lose weight but I plan on sticking to it this time and making it happen. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help each other through this journey together.

Replies

• sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the beginning of a journey filled with changes: embrace it, make no excuses, and never give up!
  • enoughisenough9
    enoughisenough9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: I'm 29lbs down and have another 101lbs left to lose. Have added you, if anyone else would like to add me please feel free!
  • justinriel35
    justinriel35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have lost over 200 pounds of fat. My best advice, push hard through the first few weeks. They will be tough. Similar to quitting smoking, you are changing what your body is used to. After that it gets easy, once the weight starts coming of, you will be more and more motivated. Just don't do 2-3 hours of cardio a day, sure that will make you drop pounds quick, but not maintainable and will lead to weight gain again. IMO.

Good Luck! :smiley:

• Dave55412
    Dave55412 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose, too. I don't think of it as a diet, I think of it as a lifestyle change.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    KayleighIsGoingFatToFit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have 127 to lose, feel free to add me
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do this.
  • mcpurple23
    mcpurple23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I still have over 100 pounds to lose and so far have lost 52. I started getting very serious back at the end of last Sept and currently I have never felt better. I have a ton of family and friend support around me and that just keeps getting stronger and stronger. I am on a low carb plan and really eat plenty of food. This is the best food plan I have ever been on and it has taken me some time to truly get it. I also joined a gym and hired a trainer. I would say in the last 2 months is when I really kicked in the exercise. It hurt my joints at first. The more I lose, the more I want to move. It is a slow process and I am finding that I just keep making little changes and tweaks along the way. There is no quick fix. If you limit your calories too much and over exercise, you will lose lean so be careful. So many people want quick results and the slow and steady is truly the best approach all the way around. As of today I have been tracking my food for 216 days and I am very honest with everything I eat. Am I perfect, not even close but I keep getting better and better. I guess I have lots to say. Welcome and enjoy the journey. It is so worth it.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have about 80 more to go. Fell free to add me. Welcome
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I am low carb and have lost 112 pounds since July, with about 20-30 more to go.
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Here's what I wish someone had told me when I started.

1) Screw dieting, screw "lifestyle change". Right now the only thing you have to do is LOG ALL YOUR FOOD as ACCURATELY as possible. Eat what you want/need. Just log everything. You will be shocked how much you are eating at first. That's OK. Just LOG LOG LOG. You need to have a few "Come to Jesus" moments when you see you've eaten 8700+ calories in one day (like I did). Buy a kitchen food scale and use it. The simple act of logging will make you stop eating so much food.

2) Walk. Get a fitbit or something that reminds you you need to walk. Borrow money, beg your mom or your friends but buy something. I use a fitbit surge. Set a realistic initial goal of 3000 steps a day. You will be up to 10k steps in time.

3) Pick one bad action you do and make it your enemy. Mine was pizzas delivered to my home. It took me six months to totally shake that habit. Once that bad habit is shook, pick a new battle. Im now trying to completely eliminate alcohol - the battle continues.

4) Log into MFP daily and post something. Anything. Collect friends. Use their support. Daily. I'm on MFP two-three times a day.

5) You're probably not going to instantly start eating well so don't panic - STUDY! There's 10,000 strategies and methods and MFP has them all in the forums and 9,999 are complete *kitten* for your journey (maybe even some of what I'm saying here). You are going to spend a lot of time finding what works for you. You are going to screw up a lot. Welcome to the club.

6) The payoff is huge. All those things healthy people say to you that your intellect believes (but pisses off your inner thoughts): "that will never work for me", "that simply can never happen" and "those aren't realistic" ARE ALL TRUE! Us fatties lie to ourselves to compensate for our condition. Our addiction pulls us away from the truth. But trust me when I tell you that You WILL one day eat an apple for a snack and be TOTALLY satisfied. You WILL one day take a single bite of a donut and get turned off by the flavor. You WILL one day fit back into that pair of pants you keep in the back of your closet. You WILL run a 5k just for fun. You are going to feel better. You are going to sleep better.
  • tlleopold13
    tlleopold13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request.
  • kbornman21
    kbornman21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I just completed week one of my weight loss journey (for the second time, I got pregnant the first) I am down 5lbs with 124 more lbs to lose. Here is my advice, you do what works best for you, however, eat every couple hours so your body has something to run on. When I first started losing weight I restricted my calories so much and while the weight was coming off it wasn't realistic and I was hungry ALL THE TIME. You can eat as much as you want as long as its in moderation and as long as it's healthy for you. Before you know it you're going to be seeing that scale drop, and drop fast. Do not let this be something that defines you. I was obsessed with my scale for the longest time (and still am) but now I know what I'm doing and know what works for me. I have my own goals, so right now my scale is needed. If there is anything I can say is take before pictures because on days that scale doesn't budge or you feel larger for the day, you can take a current photo and compare it to now. That helps motivate and keep you going on those days. This will be the most emotional, rewarding, hardest thing you and your body will endure because you have to mentally be in it or you will not succeed.

I will send you a friend request cause I'd love having the support as well.

You already have one non-scale victory or NSV, you're starting to change your life.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have about 120 I need to lose/ would love some motivational friends ... please add me..
  • imhismuffin
    imhismuffin Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just starting back on this journey to a healthier lifestyle, wanting to lose at least I00 lbs ... Feel free to add me
  • UrianaZeta
    UrianaZeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out here, on day 10! I have well over 100 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me! We can use all the support we can get!
  • aimee1987
    aimee1987 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have around 90lb to lose, have sent friend requests