Feeling weak

Options
2»

Replies

• boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok, my two cents.

I have had a cold all week. On Friday I went for a run in the cold and think I overdid it, plus I ran without breakfast and also before lunch.
    I've been cold and shivery since then and I'm having fish and chips tonight because my body seems to be craving it. Our bodies tell us what we need I think...
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Everybody is giving advice without knowing a thing about this poster.

OP... what are your stats? How tall are you, how much do you currently weigh? How much weight did you plug into the system as a projected loss per week goal?
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    mch2829 wrote: »
    aimeerace wrote: »
    mch2829 wrote: »
    It's normal to feel more tired or weaker when you start losing weight. That feeling subsides after a few weeks. When you have a calorie deficit, your body will use up glycogen and then start burning fat. Your blood sugar will temporarily go down and your cholesterol will temporarily go up. But none of those things are something to worry about. It's better to lose the weight than to worry about temporary effects from dieting and stopping the diet.

Nobody has to feel tired and weak when losing weight. They just need to pick a less aggressive target for weekly loss. Please don't people that it is normal and ok to feel that way :/

But it is normal. It doesn't matter if your deficit is 500 calories or 1500 calories. Some people will feel tired and weak from the effects of having any deficit at all. It's part of losing weight.

No. It's not normal for an 18 year old girl. There are things everybody can do to mitigate the effects of eating at a deficit. I'm a 52 year old woman with multiple medical conditions, and save for when they're acting up, I never feel weak.

Sometimes, people pick too aggressive a deficit. Sometimes, they can tweak their macro balance for more energy. Sometimes, they've exercised too aggressively for a beginner. Sometimes, there's an underlying medical issue.

There is no reason for someone to feel weak while eating at a safe, sustainable rate for losing weight comfortably.

• dmiruna
    dmiruna Posts: 6 Member
    Options

OP... what are your stats? How tall are you, how much do you currently weigh? How much weight did you plug into the system as a projected loss per week goal?
    I m 5.4 tall and I have 149 pounds. I just want to have like 116 pounds or something. I just adjusted my diet to 1,400 calories.

• PeachyCarol
    Options
    dmiruna wrote: »

I m 5.4 tall and I have 149 pounds. I just want to have like 116 pounds or something. I just adjusted my diet to 1,400 calories.

That's a ... pretty low goal weight, verging on underweight by some estimations, for your height. Are you very small-framed? It was obvious that you chose too aggressive a deficit. You don't have enough to lose to try to lose at a rate of 2 pounds a week. You need to have a lot of fat on you to do that and still retain lean muscle mass.

Please rethink your goal weight. You can have a leaner look at a higher weight if you incorporate strength training into your workouts.

• PeachyCarol
    Options

That's a ... pretty low goal weight, verging on underweight by some estimations, for your height. Are you very small-framed? It was obvious that you chose too aggressive a deficit. You don't have enough to lose to try to lose at a rate of 2 pounds a week. You need to have a lot of fat on you to do that and still retain lean muscle mass.

Please rethink your goal weight. You can have a leaner look at a higher weight if you incorporate strength training into your workouts.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

I don't think it is normal to feel weak unless you are eating too few calories or are sick.

Don't try to lose more than 1 lb a week.
    If you are a pretty active person without exercise then make sure you have selected active for your activity level instead of sedentary.
    If you exercise then eat a portion of the calories you earn from that.
    Get enough sleep.
    Drink water.

If you still feel weak after eating more calories then please see your doctor.