Things that get us through

Options
Gum
I love gum! It helps me not eat when I'm bored, and when I stick to the mint flavors it makes everything else taste bad so I don't want to eat it. If I have a sweet tooth I just get a fruity gum. It's amazing!

Don't worry I do eat real food too!

Replies

• swisarmygrl
    swisarmygrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was just having a discussion with my co-worker how I do this, too! Another good one is having yummy herbal teas at my desk so I can inch away at my water intake as well :)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have gum in my desk and when I get a snack craving but am not actually hungry, I stick three pieces in at a time and chomp on it!:happy:
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    icebreaker sours. If I can hide them from my son, one pack will last me a week and it definitely helps with my late night cravings.
  • svollmer
    svollmer Posts: 2
    Options
    Read the book "Made to Crave". Alot of great help in it.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Gum can be a great tool, just be careful though. I was told by my doctor that too much chewing can actually cause stomach issues. The saliva that we produce in our mouths when we chew activates enzymes in our stomach to help aid digestion. When it doesn't receive the food our bodies become confused and so on.

I still chew gum (especially in times of craving something sweet) but since the doctor gave me that info I have cut back as well.