Ideas please

Options
libby328
libby328 Posts: 287 Member
My husband is making steak quesadilla's tonight and I can't eat flour.... what is something that I can have similar to this that doesnt involve a whole new recipe?

Replies

• allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    put the innards over lettuce and make a salad. I'm grain free too! ;)
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    they make brown rice tortillas, but i don't know if they're any good.
  • Ivymcgrew
    Ivymcgrew Posts: 2
    Options
    Corn tortillas! They are the style used on traditional street tacos. Totally delicious. It is good to steam them a little bit first since they are kind of dry though.
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    for the future, do you have "free from" aisles in the supermarket, or health food shops? You can use rice flour to make anything that is normally wheat based. Its usually about double the price or normal flour, but a small price to pay really!

Supermarkets in england also stock wheat free bread products, like bread rolls, pitta bread etc, unsure of these products in US

I try and avoid wheat too as it makes me get IBS symptoms, but sometimes I cave because Im weak (today I ate bread :( )
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Can you eat corn tortillas instead of flour?
    They're more traditional and better for you.

If not, the lettuce idea sounds good. :smile:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree with the corn tortillas
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Corn tortillas would be better for the whole family!

From a strictly health point of view the steak on salad would be wonderful, too.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Check out a company called Ezekiel 4:9. They make breads, cereals, wraps, english muffins etc. out of sprouted grains. No flour, no gluten. Very healthy and very high in protein. Whole Foods and most health food stores carry it in the frozen food section.
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Here is my thing about all things flour.... I over induldge badly! I cant just eat one breadstick I eat 4! I am just in the middle of a 2 week no flour thing right now and I have to say I have lost 4 lbs doing it! I never realized until now how much I would eat of this stuff! I just dont want to cheat because I feel like once I do I will put the weight right back on! Thank you for all the ideas!