Question about exercise calories

Options
Hi, I am new to the site (just joined yesterday.) I notice that when exercise calories are entered, it adds the calories burned to my goal for the day. Is there a way to change that?

Replies

• copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    Nope. The idea is that you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Agree, youre supposed to eat them back:smile:
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Nope. The idea is that you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back.

^ YUP
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    No because its adding your burned calories back because your supposed to eat your burned calories
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Eat them back. MFP builds ia deficit into the number of calories you should eat every day. Your daily "goal" should be to see a "0" at the end of the night in the "calories remaining" box. You'll lose weight that way and you'll keep your body from going into starvation mode.

Good luck! Message me if you have any questions.
  • cutterlm
    cutterlm Posts: 3
    Options
    Okay...that makes sense. The thing is, I don't want to eat my exercise calories back EVERY day. Does everyone here do that?

Thanks for your help, all!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Okay...that makes sense. The thing is, I don't want to eat my exercise calories back EVERY day. Does everyone here do that?

Thanks for your help, all!

sometimes, generally I'll eat until I'm full or if I'm still hungry I'll just keep eating until I hit my MFP goal. Like today I only managed 1000 calories but other days I can easily polish off 1500 or more. That works for me because I have a relatively small weight loss goal calorie zig-zaging stops me plateuing
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YOU HAVE TO EAT THOSECALORIES. You have to eat more to lose more. If you aren't replacing your calories you will not lose health weight, infact you will lose muscle.

I eat my exercise calories ev eryday. YOU NEED to read my blog, everything on it. I am professional in the fitness and nutrtion indusrty. READ THE BLOG and learn.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you one thing. I have noticed (that in general) the people who plateau are the people who don't eat their exercise calories. The people who constantly lose are the people who do.
    There's always going to be an exception to this.

I eat them. You need to fuel your body. You're already running at a deficit and not eating them is giving your body nothing to work with. You'll most likely end up tired, hungry and with your body eating itself because it's got nothing else to burn.