Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help! Fitbit v treadmill

It's raining/snowing outside. My mum is crazy competitive re steps on fitbit. I was hoping to up my steps while warm in front of master chef catch up- just realised it's not recording my steps... Can I add steps from treadmill manually? If I add time on treadmill to mfp will this add steps onto my fitbit???

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    No. Just wear the fitbit on the treadmill. It will count the steps as if you were outside
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Do you have one of the wrists ones? Are you holding on to the treadmill?

I have the One and have never had an issue with the FitBit and the treadmill - but it's not a wrist version. I think you can't be holding on with those?
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    You can't hold on to the bars while on the treadmill (or grocery cart either by the way!). You can manually add steps but they won't count in a challenge.
  • lhabich
    lhabich Posts: 2 Member
    Put your fitbit on ur ankle while on the treadmill and it will count your steps more accurately
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    You can't hold on to the bars while on the treadmill (or grocery cart either by the way!). You can manually add steps but they won't count in a challenge.

This! It goes for the stair stepper too, and anything with handles that don't move.

I know people like to hold on to the treadmill in order to go faster/at a greater incline, but you'd burn more calories going at a pace where you don't have to hold on.

• mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    ASKyle wrote: »

This! It goes for the stair stepper too, and anything with handles that don't move.

I know people like to hold on to the treadmill in order to go faster/at a greater incline, but you'd burn more calories going at a pace where you don't have to hold on.

Yes ! Don't hold on! It kills me when I see people holding on for dear life just to go a bit faster! It burns way less calories than it would if you would just let go and go a bit slower.
  • misschiplash78
    misschiplash78 Posts: 23 Member
    Thanks folks, it seems to be working okay. Seemed to take 10 min to start moving for some reason but ok now. X