How many calories?! Can't figure it out

Options
TheCeleste
TheCeleste Posts: 14 Member
Please help me figure out how many calories are in this darn thing! I've gotten everything from 115 calories to 455 calories >:(

For lunch I just had a delicious "Low Carb Roll" at the local sushi place near my work.

Ingredients:
-Spicy tuna -- about a 1/2 cup
-Fake crab (very little of this), about 1/8 cup
-Slice of avocado, maybe 1/8 of the avocado
-Bean sprouts

All wrapped in a very thin raw peeled cucumber shell.

No rice. No soy sauce.

5 pieces, about 0.75" thick and 2.5" tall.

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help with the numbers, but that sounds REALLY good!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Spicy tuna- 150 calories
    Crab- 40 calories
    Avocado- 20 calories
    Bean sprouts- 10 calories
    Cucumber shell- 30 calories

These are all just guesses, but I would assume that it was about 300 calories.

Edited because I just remembered that spicy tuna is higher in calories than regular tuna because it has heavy sauces.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Have you tried asking the restaurant? A lot of places will have nutritional info available upon request.
    Of course, if it was a special-made item, they won't have it. But still might have the ingredients' calories.

If it were me, I'd probably go with about 300 cal (spicy tuna has mayo, right? and avocado has some fat, even though it's the good kind) - I prefer to overestimate if I'm guessing.
  • stormwench
    stormwench Posts: 1
    Options
    If I can't find it, I have been breaking it down
  • blue3628
    blue3628 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    honestly, i google each ingredient and just add it all up. i have found the caloric value for everything i have ever looked up on there. search "calories in ..........." and if i cant find it that way, i try "nutritional value of................" works like a charm as long as you know about how much of each thing you ate. (which you do so you should be all good) hope that helps!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe option on here where you can enter in the ingredients separately and it will add all the calories up for you and tell you the break down in terms of fat, protein carb etc.

I would use that, might give you more accuracy.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Put it in the receipe calculator and end all guessing! You can then save it under my foods or my receipes if it is something you have often.
  • blue3628
    blue3628 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    wow! thanks sugarbeans! i'm new to the site and didn't know that existed! you just made my life soooooo much easier :drinker:
  • TheCeleste
    TheCeleste Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Yes, I did try the recipe function and it was still coming out wildly different when I tried seemingly similar but very apparently very different ingredient options. It's still a healthy lunch, I know!