Balancing Acts

Options
Has anyone else had trouble balancing normal life things with excersise? I find it hard to come home from college classes and find the energy to get on the treadmill. I do it though, I run a mile every other day. Most of the time I half way fall asleep as I do it. I notoced that doing community based events to get active is the best thing I've ever done. School, work, friends, family, and health are to much.

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I take a half hour nap after work, before working out. Otherwise I am too exhausted.
  • wooisebart
    wooisebart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If i took a nap I don't think I could wake up. :D But that does sound like a good idea.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I have two kids that I homeschool, my husband and I run our own business and I'm on the board of directors of a non-profit, so I really get being busy. I just make it a priority :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    At a certain point you have to decide if you need to cut something out. I haven't had a problem with this so far but I just have work, a family, and health. I don't have school and don't go out with friends. The only thing I've really cut out is TV watching.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I made exercise one of my normal life things. I break up the time, warm up before getting kid 1 to school , 30 minutes of something before preparing kid 2 breakfast, usually an hour of walking or cardio or training after bus gets kid 2, Then I officially start my day with the rest of "have to's"