how is your journey going so far ????

Hey guys..

I'm 68 days in my journey and now I cannot see myself going back to my unhealthy lifestyle! !!! How is your fitness/weight loss journey going???? Waiting for you response. ..

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    It was okay for 2 years, now it's just being a drag. I keep asking myself if the last 17# is worth the hassle.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    693 days and a baby later, still going strong!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Pretty good. I am at goal weight and recomping. I am really surprised how well my back and arms are responding to training.
  • soonillbehot
    soonillbehot Posts: 26 Member
    it's hard to keep the motivation going for me now that my weight is quite ideal but haven't reached my goal yet.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Did semi decent from October to February. It has become a real struggle now, can't stop eating and no interest in going to the gym.
    So yeah... going great
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    It's going much better now that I don't have the desire to stuff my face with any and every kind of junk, I've been faithfully logging for months/years and truly measuring my food intake. And I exercise at least 2-3 days per week and drink plenty of water. Congrats on the success everyone and for sharing :)
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    So awesome!! I will never go back, I know more now!!
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    been a year I guess, I am back, did a half hour of walking today, MS got bad but back on my feet. hugs to all of you who are trying
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    ^^I know some people with MS and am glad you are "back on your feet" and admire you for trying to improve your lifestyle even with a disease that most of us don't have to endure. As for my journey, I have lost almost 90lbs over the last 5 years by counting calories. My loss has been interrupted by several things along the way: a new relationship and weight gain during dating/beginning of marriage (I cannot eat like my husband and really got off the wagon when I met him!), a foot surgery, and 2 pregnancies/breastfeeding. Now I am 17lbs from my goal weight and should not have any more interruptions, so I plan on getting there this time! I agree with Justygirl77 that I am much more concerned about how I nourish my body with food and am much more aware and educated about nutrition. I foresee eating the way I am now for the rest of my life with no problems. I don't find eating healthy boring at all! I'm glad you are loving it, too. Keep up the good work!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Pretty amazing!! Almost 2 years in and I can wait to see what this year brings! I shod reach my goal and I'm so motivated to get there!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    I've gone from a BMI of 32.3 to 23.6 and am being pretty lazy. The last week or so, I've been 100-200 calories below my deficit. I know I can lose the last bit of weight, but I seem to have lost any sense of urgency.
  • IncredibleMulk77
    IncredibleMulk77 Posts: 63 Member
    So far so good! I started 15 weeks ago...have said "bye-bye" to 32 pounds. My motivation is higher than ever and as much as I'd love to think that it will never change, I fear the day when I lose that fire. To combat this, I'm trying to surround myself with the right people and create an environment that will Shepard me back in when my drive is low. I'm gonna push as hard as I can for as long as I can and motivate as many people as possible along the way so when I am weak I've got plenty of strength around me to motivate me back!
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Day 119, have lost 53lbs. 159(ish) to go :smile: doing pretty damn good.
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Exactly as planned 9 pounds lost in 9 weeks. Now where I wanted to be. MFP worked exactly as it should. I've cut out all the rubbish but still usually have a little treat in an evening. Exercising more. Can't imagine going back now I am exercising more. I have recommended MFP to friends and will continue to log. It has made me far more aware of the calories.
    I'm also eating a lot healthier. Far more vegetables and usually a good breakfast of oats and fruit.
    Can't be more pleased.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    I'm about 9 months in and I'm on schedule to lose the 6 stone I wanted to within a year. I look so much better, can do more and generally feel better about myself. I've always been depressed and lonely due to my weight, but hopefully that'll change soon. When I look back I was a fool, I lost out on so much of my youth because I couldn't put the fork down.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Journey? Nonsense!
  • davefh0_0
    davefh0_0 Posts: 42 Member
    I'm only 38 days in but have dropped 24lbs and feeling great, 76lbs to go.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    I'm not on any farking "journey", mmm-kay?

I lost weight.

Let's not make this something it's not.

It's counting calories and losing weight.

Ain't nobody traveling anywhere to lose the love handles, right?
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Currently stuck at a plateau but I'm gonna beat it! ;)
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    39 days, down 30 with 30 to go, then maybe some new, less aggressive goals. Really loving the little things like:
    - 2 stair steps at a time
    - 1 headache in 39 days when Advil used to be my best friend
    - great sleeps (wife says no snoring)
    - compliments (always nice)

Currently eating nutrient rich and obsessed with MFP calorie counting... losing weight and feel great :-D