Ugh... Beating Myself Up.

Options
I have officially stuffed myself because I was so frustrated with the fact that I'm gaining weight. It was kind of the whole, "I already blew out," and so I kept going. I have talked myself out of it many times, but tonight, I just kind of let myself go. I guess in many ways, I just don't know how to "actually diet" or have a "lifestyle change." I have plenty of great healthy habits, but then I fall off for a milisecond and everything else goes off board too. I am so mad that I have been gaining weight. I feel like everyone can notice, so why try to lose weight.
I feel fat and frustrated and I just need a pick-me up. I need someone to teach me HOW to lose weight. I wear a fitbit, so I burn between 1500-2200 calories per day. I weigh 127 lbs. and I'm 5'3". Please help!

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose?

I think the key thing to keep in mind is there is no bandwagon or board to get on/fall off of. There are only your choices right now that matter - not the choice you made yesterday or last week, or the one you might make tomorrow.

So it doesn't really matter if you went over for lunch - get right back on track for dinner. That's the key to success, IMO.

Love,
    The Girl Who Ate Too Many Hot Tamales Today
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I know this doesn't help, but 127 at 5'3" sounds healthy to me. Don't beat yourself up.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol, dont get emo. best advice.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Weights....perhaps focus more on muscle toning/building.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Never give up. Part of success is learning to not beat yourself up. Guess what we are all human. We all love food. We need it to survive. I have to remind myself every day after every meal that I can have more next time.

Just remember even when you start on a binge you have the CHOICE to stop and win the day whenever you want. You can save the day at any point. It is never the end of the world.

But part of the key is to reduce stress and get enough sleep. Too much stress and not enough sleep drives up our hunger hormones.

Reduce stress and setup your environment to avoid temptations. If we rely on willpower we ALL FAIL.

When I have those stressful days, I remind myself I am human, I start positive self talk, drink lots of water, herbal tea, broth, veggies, limit the processed sugar and fat, and any kind of exercise, even just a walk outside, and the positive vibes get me back on track.

It takes practice to be positive. Keep working on it. Never give up. Forgive yourself for being human.

All it takes is more good days (calorie deficit days) then maintenance days to lose fat. Not perfection.

Get a monthly calendar and put stickers on every day that is good on track with calorie defict. Leave the over eating days blank (no negativity) and watch the good streak. Remember you just need more of those stickers over time and you will get there. Maybe some pretty sparkle stickers. <3
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    How much do you eat a day?
  • mzlizzi
    mzlizzi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Reset.

Tomorrow. Just tomorrow. Take care of yourself tomorrow, Sunday, May 3, 2015.

Plan tomorrow now and log everything, absolutely everything.

Just for one day.
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think its best to not beat yourself up, just make a u-turn, don't believe the lie that you have to wait until tomorrow to start over, start now !!!!!!
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,610 Member
    Options
    If you were walking up a staircase and you tripped on one step, you wouldn't just throw yourself down the stairs and give up would you? Its the same with losing weight - just because you mess up, you don't have to just give up and stuff yourself. The fact is that just about everyone blows it occasionally because we are human, which means not perfect. So don't be so hard on yourself when you mess up.

Relax, take a few days off of trying so hard. And maybe spend some time planning meals that you love and taste good to you but are also healthy and in the right portions. If you love what your eating, you won't feel deprived. I still like to have a treat every day. For me it's a small square of dark chocolate and a few almonds. and I make sure I can fit it into my 1200 cals per day.

Keep reading these boards. There are lots of smart people on here who face these same challenges.

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    OP This might come of a little hard but here it is. Your weight is well within the healthy range for your height. If you need to loose weight it certainly isn't much. If you are struggling to maintain without gaining and are loosing that battle, I can see why you might be having concerns.

The question is, what exactly have you been doing up to now? Are you weighing and measuring and counting calories? After all that is what this forum and app are all about? So have you actually made an effort to try to do this? If you have and you are logging accurately and honestly you should be seeing results. What is going on with your self image and self esteem that you use food to punish yourself for not meeting your own ideal of beauty? How can you address that problem? Are your expectations of yourself realistic or are they influenced by the ridiculous extremes portrayed by Hollywood and the media?

Seriously your reaction to how you feel about your weight are rather immature. Punishing yourself for gaining a pound or two by doing the very thing that will only make you gain more weight... does this sound like a reasonable and rational thing to do? This sounds like how a child would act.

Only you can control your own choices and behavior. If you don't take control of your life and eating habits no one is going to do it for you. And if it keeps going you will find yourself in a situation like myself and many others, being older and far far more over weight and with real health concerns due to our years of neglecting our own bodies. Right now you are looking at a little vanity weight. Stop complaining, toughen up and take control.

• prettywingss04
    prettywingss04 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    so much motivation <3
    For me, honestly just remembering that i want to be happy doing this forever and not for a short period of time helps.
    When i thought of loosing weight by XX date, it would worry me more then when i would decide to be healthy for the rest of my life. When you start to understand that your setting yourself up for the rest of your life, you're not stressed or worried about a deadline.
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Turn the negative to a positive.
    You fell off, had a bad day, put on xxx lb... Use it to motivate you to re-lose it and more.