it's working! help for those on seroquel (or other drugs)

Options
i was having a difficult time losing on seroquel - as a matter of fact, i was gaining no matter what i did. i had reached-out and found others having the same issue. i think i might have found something that is working for me and i wanted to share.

i set my long-term goal, which is to lose 48 pounds in 8 months. i divided that into smaller goals of 4 weeks each. at the end of each 4 weeks, i need have lost 6 pounds.

i am eating 1200 calories per day for 5 days per week.
i am eating 800 calories per day for 1 day per week.
i am eating anything without calculating calories for 1 day per week.

so far, i have lost just shy of 7 pounds and i only need to lose 2 more to get to my first goal which is in 3 weeks! the 800 calorie days have been very easy. i will eat 4 snacks of 200 calories each. my 1200 calorie days are easy, too! especially since i know that at the end of every week, i can eat a donut! LOL

i completely changed my exercise routine. i used to work-out at the gym at least 5 days per week; i loved heavy lifting. now i take a very relaxed approach. i walk, sometimes just leisurely, or i don't exercise formally at all: instead i will garden or take my daughter to the zoo. i also started taking topamax which my psych said should counter-act the weight gain from the seroquel and so far, so good!

Replies

• tatumtracy
    tatumtracy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is a struggle on seroquel. I am proud I don't gain weight. I make sure I pay attention to those late night cravings. No matter what happens taking care of my illness comes first.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go slightly against the grain here, I've lost 53lbs so far this year while on a Seroquel and Paxil cocktail. Still, I've always thought I was a special snowflake :tongue: