Scale won't move...

I dropped to 112 after 2 kids...counting calories , working out and also cheating pretty hard on sundays. After my 3rd "body killing" baby came I have been doing the same with hiit workouts and the scale won't budge under 120...I have gotten there before so I'm super frustrated with my lack of loss after months of focus and self discipline. Kind Suggestions ?

Replies

• Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Are you logging your food - can you open up the diary so we can see what's up - are you weighing your food - portioning out and logging completely - you could be at the beginning of it - one thing of note - you are already 120#, are you shorter because that's actually a great weight.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Eat less.

• bsnewbigging
    bsnewbigging Posts: 10 Member
    Less than 1200?
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    If you weigh 120 pounds right now you are at the point where the body weight scale is useless. The liver alone will fluctuate up to 3 pounds all by itself in one day just doing it's thing.

You need to decide what your specific goal is that has nothing to do with the body weight scale now. The scale is only good for big fat loss over time, a trend tool for when there is a lot of fat to lose.
  • SergeantSausage
    Less than 1200?

I guarantee you - you are eating more than 1200 or we wouldn't be having this discussion, right?
  • bsnewbigging
    I do track everything sausage. But this discussion can be over. Thanks for your input.
  • kendallan
    kendallan Posts: 79 Member
    Are you drinking enough water. Aim for a gallon a day .
  • SergeantSausage
    I do track everything sausage. But this discussion can be over. Thanks for your input.

You're right - it can be ... but denial doesn't help, right?
  • bsnewbigging
    You got me. Xoxo
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Height? At 120 lbs, your BMR will be quite low.
  • bsnewbigging
    Height? At 120 lbs, your BMR will be quite low.

I'm only 5"3"
  • fifimcd
    fifimcd Posts: 10 Member

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Do you really weigh ALL your solid food on a food scale?
  • blankiefinder
    According to maintenance calorie calculators, you should definitely be losing at 1200. Are you logging any cheat meals?

You mention that you track everything, but are you using a food scale?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Try eating more protein or bumping up calories for the workouts you do to 100 or 200 more. A friend of mine did this and she started losing like crazy. She ate a 1200 too.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    OP you need to open your diary, and answer the questions of are you using a food scale to weigh your food??
    If not, you could easily be eating more than 1200 calories.
  • bsnewbigging
    edited May 2015

Only meats. Pre measure everything else. Only drink water with lemon. 3 egg white bfast. Salad no dressing with 4 oz chicken is lunch. 2 cups split pea soup, only peas and water. Weighed meat and 2 veg for dinner. 2 rice cakes or 140 Cal snack or sweet potatoe fries at night. Everyday is same:) I substitute brown rice and tuna for lunch on saturdays and allow tbsp of creamer in coffee.
  • bsnewbigging
    Try eating more protein or bumping up calories for the workouts you do to 100 or 200 more. A friend of mine did this and she started losing like crazy. She ate a 1200 too.

Thank you!
  • blankiefinder

I disagree with bumping your calories. Try weighing all your food for two weeks and see if you start to lose weight.

You really need to weigh everything, not just meats. Especially items like cereal, breads, rice, pasta, peanut butter, etc. If it includes grams in the calorie serving size as an option, use your scale!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited May 2015

Only meats. Pre measure everything else. Only drink water with lemon. 3 egg white bfast. Salad no dressing with 4 oz chicken is lunch. 2 cups split pea soup, only peas and water. Weighed meat and 2 veg for dinner. 2 rice cakes or 140 Cal snack or sweet potatoe fries at night. Everyday is same:) I substitute brown rice and tuna for lunch on saturdays and allow tbsp of creamer in coffee.

Sorry to say so but i think you have no idea how much that is in calories
    Weigh ALL your solid food you will be surprised. Rice is a lot of calories for example. Very important to weigh

Here is an eye opener for you Watch this short video that shows you how much difference weighing or measuring can make. And oly for two kinds of food. Hundreds of calories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY