Starting Over at 70

Options
Sharonf239
Sharonf239 Posts: 1 Member
Hi....I'm Sharon....starting once again....will begin Gray Power on May 4th...geared for folks over 50....would really like to talk with "older" folks about diet and exercise. Cheers!!

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I am over fifty but not old yet but have a quick story. I ran my second half marathon in November last year and as we were hanging around the finish line waiting for official times and maybe awards I saw one of the last finishers coming up the hill. Someone yelled "come on Nancy" then turn to us and said "she is 73" We all started cheering. It was a great thing to see and confirmed to me that you are never to old to exercise.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Age 61 here; many years ranging between overweight and obesity; it has become intolerable on these aging joints.
  • TexOkie12
    TexOkie12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sharonf239 wrote: »
    Hi....I'm Sharon....starting once again....will begin Gray Power on May 4th...geared for folks over 50....would really like to talk with "older" folks about diet and exercise. Cheers!!

• TexOkie12
    TexOkie12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon, I'm Linda & I just recently turned 74. I used to take care of myself & never had a weight problem until after I retired from the Navy Reserves. On my other job, I worked sitting in front of a computer all day with 2 hours of commuting time. Ten hours a day sitting plus back problems so I even had trouble walking. By the time I finally had back surgery, I weighed 180#. I had put on 50# & can remember crying in my doctor's office & telling her "I look like a frog". Now I have Type 2 diabetes & following diabetic menus & exercising again. Good news! I've lost 7# since April 16th.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon. Welcome to MFP. I'm in my 50s and joined MFP a few years ago. You can do this. It only takes time.

What's Gray Power?
  • julielittle51
    julielittle51 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Julie, age 64 and relatively new here. When I started I weighed 270 and now I'm down to 259. I can already feel a difference in my clothes. Nice to hear there are more people over 50 in here than me. Good luck to everyone.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Hi...here's a great group you may be interested in joining.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

• kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sharon. I'm 60 and have lost over 90 pounds...friend me if you'd like...