Female hormones, cycles and eating too much

Options
2»

Replies

• GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Apud85 wrote: »
    TMI, but I'm ovulating today and I am STARVING. Does that happen to anyone else?? I'm eating about 1400 calories and have been fine up until today. Last week I was doing 1200-1300 and I was totally content. Today though, my stomach won't stop growling.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents if you dont mind I just ovulated finally lol 3 days ago and when I am I get so fricken hunrgy I crave cheese with mustard on it and tunafish weird I know but thats all I want and I feel like eating all day its never enough
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Yep yep, I hear you guys too. I get cravings in the week before my period (or that bottomless pit eating thing where you want to constantly eat even when not hungry). One other thing I have noticed and it seems to be just me, when my period is just finishing I can't push too hard on my workouts as I get dizzy/faint low/blood pressured. I'll be happily doing heavy weights up to my period day, then bam, the next time I'm a weakling, then straight after that I'm back to normal. I do have very heavy periods now though due to having an IUD fitted (I used to be very light) maybe it's to do with that? Does anyone else get weakling syndrome?
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I get more dizzy around that time as well but mine is related to the fact I have MDDS. Which is a rare balance disorder I got 8 years ago after taking a ferry ride for a week cause we were moving and had to take the ferry in the Bering sea and the sea's were so rough I never regained my balance back it took 7 years to finally get the right diganoses .So that being said hormones affect it makes it worse I'm usually laid up in bed for 3 days until she starts then it back to my normal rocking and such. The full name of it Mal de debarquement syndrome ( MdDS) is a rare and little understood disorder of the body's balance ...I wouldn't wish this on anyone and it doesn't go away.
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I am trying not to binge atm. My period is due to start on the 2nd May. My stomach is so bloated and I am graving chocolate so much.

How long till bloated stomach goes do people find x
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep yep, I hear you guys too. I get cravings in the week before my period (or that bottomless pit eating thing where you want to constantly eat even when not hungry). One other thing I have noticed and it seems to be just me, when my period is just finishing I can't push too hard on my workouts as I get dizzy/faint low/blood pressured. I'll be happily doing heavy weights up to my period day, then bam, the next time I'm a weakling, then straight after that I'm back to normal. I do have very heavy periods now though due to having an IUD fitted (I used to be very light) maybe it's to do with that? Does anyone else get weakling syndrome?

I was like that my last period! I was working out and had to stop because I felt like I was going to pass out. Even walking out of the gym I felt like my legs were going to fall out from under me. I usually have a really heavy period near the beginning. I think it's related to temporary anemia from the loss of blood. Try to eat lots of iron-rich foods near the start of your period and that might help! That's what I did and I felt a lot better.
  • nikolausi88
    nikolausi88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I too get super weak during that time. Usually the first day is the worst, I just sweat like a maniac and have no strength. If it gets too bad I take one of those slow release iron supplements and those help a lot, just time it around the worst cramps - stomach distress from the supplement on top those can be really unpleasant.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I get bad salty/crunchy cravings, and I really, really want to go buy a bag of salt and vinegar chips right now. Family size. And I'm not sharing.

Before I was diagnosed with my iron deficiency, I had bad fatigue spells with my PMS. It's not so bad now that I've been supplementing, but the energy drop is still very noticeable.
  • Ame_ly
    Ame_ly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been missing my period for the last few months, but I remember I used to always be in the mood for chocolate a few days before getting it. :smiley:
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I take a natural iron supplement, probably 18 days out of the month (because I forget!) and I find it has helped a lot with the dizziness, but the weakness CERTAINLY holds true for the first few days. No idea why this happens to our bodies - must serve some random purpose. I keep reminding myself the reason so little is known about menopause is because most women didn't LIVE that long two generations ago. (OK, and most doctors are men...)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Wow - good to see i'm not alone in the weak/dizzyness stakes. I'll try the iron supplement. I have some at home but always forget to take them. What an unfortunate thing for us to have to go through every month eh... bloody hormones! :)