Birthday Parties?!

Options
UrianaZeta
UrianaZeta Posts: 19 Member
Hi everyone!
I am just curious... What does one do about birthday parties? My nephew's is tomorrow, and I know there will be cake. Is it ok to have a little piece of cake?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Only if it's really good cake. ;)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Have a piece of cake and enjoy it. Log it as closely as possible and try to make it fit into your day. Prepare for the party by eating before going.....perhaps a large salad. That way, you'll enjoy the party and the piece of cake will be a celebration of your nephew's special day.
  • UrianaZeta
    UrianaZeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    Have a piece of cake and enjoy it. Log it as closely as possible and try to make it fit into your day. Prepare for the party by eating before going.....perhaps a large salad. That way, you'll enjoy the party and the piece of cake will be a celebration of your nephew's special day.

thanks for the advice! I did have a piece of cake. It was portioned properly, and it was a chinese cream roll cake. about 210 calories for the slice i had. I also indulged in a mini egg tart, i wasnt sure of the actual size there, so i went with the normal size one for my diary... 140 calories. But i didn't have any chinese food, i stuck with my Subway sub for lunch and dinner. I got the sweet onion chicken teriyaki one, i got the foot long so i could split it. 350 calories for each meal. I am really proud of myself today!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You did great! That's the trick to making this work for a lifetime: be aware, plan and have fun with a few treats.....just learn to balance them into your day. It's not about deprivation (which leads to failure) but balance. You've got this!

I like egg tarts and Chinese cream roll cakes. Yum!