hey guys I've a problem

Options
Hey, I want to put some weight/mass on me problem I been facing since I started taking chocolate whey gold standard that I get motions and stomachache. Whole day goes in embarrassment. Help would be appreciated :/

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Are you lactose intolerant? Maybe you need protein that does not come from whey.
  • DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Labrada is lactose free.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

gothchiq wrote: »
    Are you lactose intolerant? Maybe you need protein that does not come from whey.

Or just a straight WPI, not a blend....

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    naintaha wrote: »
    Hey, I want to put some weight/mass on me problem I been facing since I started taking chocolate whey gold standard that I get motions and stomachache. Whole day goes in embarrassment. Help would be appreciated :/

Try a different whey? Or get your protein from other sources.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You don' need a protein powder to get your protein. Eggs, chicken, fish, beef, pork, tofu, etc. Even beans will help get you to your recommended levels.

If you do need a supplement, you can try others as well. It might be the whey, it might be other ingredients. I have issues with sucralose--literally turns my stomach. I get my whey from truenutrition.com. They have everything from why and casein to soy, pea, beef isolate, egg, etc. protein powders. They also offer unflavored or flavored without sweetener or your choice of sweetener. You can also mix your own custom blends as well.
  • bodhidioscuri
    bodhidioscuri Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I might be wrong as I'm not an expert but I use to take whey protein and a few people said if I wanted to gain weight I shouldn't take it as that is for people who just want to build muscle... Also you need to make sure you drink lots of water because it dehydrates you and can make you unwell if you don't. I recall becoming ill because I didn't drink enough fluid whilst taking it.
    At the moment I use mass and strength growth factor all in one a mass gaining formula and as long as I increase my diet with eating throughout the day and workout then I am gaining weight and and muscle
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I might be wrong as I'm not an expert but I use to take whey protein and a few people said if I wanted to gain weight I shouldn't take it as that is for people who just want to build muscle... Also you need to make sure you drink lots of water because it dehydrates you and can make you unwell if you don't. I recall becoming ill because I didn't drink enough fluid whilst taking it.
    At the moment I use mass and strength growth factor all in one a mass gaining formula and as long as I increase my diet with eating throughout the day and workout then I am gaining weight and and muscle

What? If you're trying to gain weight why would you not want to build muscle as part of that?!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I might be wrong as I'm not an expert but I use to take whey protein and a few people said if I wanted to gain weight I shouldn't take it as that is for people who just want to build muscle

Those people are laughing about you behind your back because they managed to convince you muscle gain and weight gain are different.
  • PatrickWegner
    PatrickWegner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I only take protein shakes as a late night perk every 3-4 days, not as a meal replacement. I get the same stomachache. Goes right thru me. When you type in your height and current weight and your goal weight here on Myfitnesspal it should give you your daily calories required to reach your goal weight. You can gain weight / muscle w/o protein shakes. My first 30 days I gain exactly 10.2 lbs just exceeding my calculated calories goal of 3420 per day. Almonds, walnuts, chobani yogurt(20 g protein per serving), little ceasars pizza (2,240 calories) $5.00, canned chicken (serving for 5) is 54 g protein, salad fully loaded, hard boiled eggs for the road 6g protein per egg, metrx 100 protein bars (400 calories), Mt. Dew 32 oz (410 calories) are just a few. If you're gonna load this heavy you better be in the gym 3-5 days per week and hitting weights hard. Muscle weighs more than fat. I finally feel like I'm ahead of my metabolism at the age of 38. You can do it!!! Keep pushing!
  • campbellk63
    campbellk63 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Look to see if there is fiber and what kind. Fibers like chicory root will tear me up. Also, some chocolate products have sugar alcohols. Read the label. They will cause distress as well. If you want protein and keep down cholesterol, which I have to do, egg whites are perfect. Greek yogurt is also good. I love the Oikos, without fiber.
  • naintaha
    naintaha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

I was using one before in vanilla flavor it was good with me
  • naintaha
    Options
    I only take protein shakes as a late night perk every 3-4 days, not as a meal replacement. I get the same stomachache. Goes right thru me. When you type in your height and current weight and your goal weight here on Myfitnesspal it should give you your daily calories required to reach your goal weight. You can gain weight / muscle w/o protein shakes. My first 30 days I gain exactly 10.2 lbs just exceeding my calculated calories goal of 3420 per day. Almonds, walnuts, chobani yogurt(20 g protein per serving), little ceasars pizza (2,240 calories) $5.00, canned chicken (serving for 5) is 54 g protein, salad fully loaded, hard boiled eggs for the road 6g protein per egg, metrx 100 protein bars (400 calories), Mt. Dew 32 oz (410 calories) are just a few. If you're gonna load this heavy you better be in the gym 3-5 days per week and hitting weights hard. Muscle weighs more than fat. I finally feel like I'm ahead of my metabolism at the age of 38. You can do it!!! Keep pushing!

Thanks buddy I'm also focusing on ur advice.
  • naintaha
    Options
    But I also think that maybe I have a digestion problem with packed milk, cuz before that I used to take fresh milk.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you can't eat enough chicken, fish, eggs, or beef etc?

• naintaha
    Options

Yeah I've some medical problem so doctor said that I can't eat chicken. Rest is beaf and fish, man fish is so much expensive to eat here, and beef I'm thinking about what to make from it to eat easily.

Chieflrg wrote: »

• itz_kuchie
    itz_kuchie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Eat my friend!!! Chicken and eggs are you best friend. Stock up on it!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Turkey, pork, shell fish?
  • naintaha
    Options
    As the weather here is very hot. I can't eat fish and also can't afford to eat fish. I eat eggs daily, can't eat Chicken already told medical reason.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    There is no right answer we can give you. Eat more food that doesn't make you sick. Period.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    naintaha wrote: »
    Yeah I've some medical problem so doctor said that I can't eat chicken. Rest is beaf and fish, man fish is so much expensive to eat here, and beef I'm thinking about what to make from it to eat easily.

Chieflrg wrote: »
    Burgers are probably the easiest for me, though I buy strip steak and make tacos out of those. You can brown it up and add veggies and seasoning....