ive been logging food and using fitbit and I have lost no weight at all its getting frustrating!

I've been logging food for 2 months and using a Fitbit for about a week, I haven't lost any weight and it is starting to get frustrating!

Replies

• Chicling
    Chicling Posts: 2 Member
    I agree. My problem is bouncing up and down the same 6 pounds!
  • herloversheart
    herloversheart Posts: 1 Member
    Sorry your not seeing results. I've been living for 2 weeks and have named to drop almost 14 pounds. If I don't reach my daily goal in calories I've done good. Don't give up.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    u haven't lost in 2 months or the week since the fit bit? your logging accurately with a food scale? what are your stats? and how much are u hoping to lose?
  • kyleswoman27
    kyleswoman27 Posts: 1 Member
    I have been doing the fitbit for a few months now and my weight has gone up and down up and down. I just started using fitpal with my fit bit and my weight change is the same. It's hard to eat healthy. So I'm in the same boat.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    your food diary is all over the place. u only eat one small meal a day? some days your way under some days your quite a bit over. tighten up your logging. i would suggest not drinking so many of your calories. eat them and then it will be easier to stay on track. eat more than one meal. and some days u don't log at all. this is why u aren't losing
  • gunnsarah
    gunnsarah Posts: 2 Member
    Are you logging everything? If so, your diet isn't balanced, you aren't drinking enough water, you drink high calorie drinks with little nutritional value. Make some changes to your diet, and maybe look at your calorie intake (have you set it to lose a lb, 1.5lb or 2lb a week?) and you should see some great progress!
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    KayleighIsGoingFatToFit Posts: 203 Member
    I have had a nosey at your diary but you don't seem to log any water if you drink it and your meals are not very balanced and nutritional.
    Fitbit wise, what are you using it for?
    I have been logging everything and just use the Fitbit to motivate me to get to my steps in and its been working well for me.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited May 2015
    Stop using Fitbit. Those things are totally wrong. There was a guy that wore 5 different brands for 30 days. The wild swings of them all were so amazing that he could only conclude that all of them are crap.

They are not crap, you just have to understand their advantages and limitations. I have been wearing mine for 15 months and have lost 106 lb. I use it to tell me how active I have been and I eat back about 50% of the calories it gives me for activity beyond my "lightly active" setting.

OP: to be successful losing my recommendations are:
    1. weigh all solid and semi solid foods (like peanut butter and ketchup)
    2. measure all liquids except water
    3. drink plenty of fluids (and keep most of them no calorie beverages)
    4. eat the vast majority of your calories
    5. Log, log, and log
    6. make sure you enter your stats correctly into MFP (and be honest about your activity level), then trust the numbers.
    7. eat back about 50% of your exercise calories (unless you choose to go by TDEE). If you lose faster, eat more.

• argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    I have had a nosey at your diary but you don't seem to log any water if you drink it and your meals are not very balanced and nutritional.
    Fitbit wise, what are you using it for?
    I have been logging everything and just use the Fitbit to motivate me to get to my steps in and its been working well for me.
    I think that's right...
  • bklyngal72
    bklyngal72 Posts: 42 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Stop using Fitbit. Those things are totally wrong. There was a guy that wore 5 different brands for 30 days. The wild swings of them all were so amazing that he could only conclude that all of them are crap.

They are not crap, you just have to understand their advantages and limitations. I have been wearing mine for 15 months and have lost 106 lb. I use it to tell me how active I have been and I eat back about 50% of the calories it gives me for activity beyond my "lightly active" setting.

5. Log, log, and log
    6. make sure you enter your stats correctly into MFP (and be honest about your activity level), then trust the numbers.
    7. eat back about 50% of your exercise calories (unless you choose to go by TDEE). If you lose faster, eat more.

• bklyngal72
    bklyngal72 Posts: 42 Member
    I agree I have mine for a month and have lost weight. Could it be your logging your food accuratly?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited May 2015

5. Log, log, and log

They are. As are HRMs. But, go on drinking the koolaid.

If you're eating back 50% of what it says, obviously you do that because it's inaccurate. Lol

I don't expect it to be accurate as far as calorie burn. I expect it to tell me how much I moved and to give me a goal to work towards every day.

I use it because I know its limitations, which was my point (that you totally missed). If you use them to determine your TDEE, you are going to be sorely disappointed. If you use them to get a general idea of your activity, based on step count, they are a valuable tool and a motivator to get moving. My fitbit is more accurate than most general exercise calculators, which is why I eat back only 25% of the calories I earn from logging my lap swimming. I also prefer to underestimate my burn. I have my calories set to lose 1 lb. a week. Because I underestimate my burns, I actually have maintained a loss average of 1.5 lb a week. If I didn't have my fitbit, I would have no idea how much I walk, and I wouldn't have as much motivation.

Use them for what they are, but don't expect miracles.

• MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    edited May 2015

5. Log, log, and log

They are. As are HRMs. But, go on drinking the koolaid.

If you're eating back 50% of what it says, obviously you do that because it's inaccurate. Lol

They aren't HRMs...

They are glorified pedometers . Only one of the Fitbit range has a HRM (optical). They are devices designed to motivate people to get off their backsides a little more. That's all.

*edit* never mind, I read that wrong. You think HRM's are stupid too it seems. Each to their own.

HRM's give you a benchmark to work from. "It says x, experience tells me y", and so you modify your behaviour based on its results and your experience. They allow people to take a more educated guess at what's going on, and allow them to see themselves improving.

Kinda like what this site does.

It's just another tool, not really worthy of ridicule imo.
  • ambersanford204
    ambersanford204 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm no expert, but I would say cut the coffee with sugar and the trail mix. Trail mix really isn't that good for you especially of it is full of peanuts and chocolate which are fatty. 1120 calories a day in trail mix seems a little excessive.
  • randipinc
    randipinc Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hi ceniwen, I had the same problem for so long. I went to an integrative MD and found that I have a glueton allergy. Not the kind that causes stomach problems. The kind that causes inflammation. once I eliminated glueton from my diet the weight started coming off. However, I also went organic for veggies and fruits and grassfed free range for meet and chicken. I have lost 30 pounds now. I know your frustsration because i had the same issue. Its not the calories its because your body isnt working right. See an integrative MD, mine was a god send.
  • xvanitty
    xvanitty Posts: 58 Member
    Someone earlier really said "It's hard to eat healthy" it's not hard.... it's called making wise decisions.. Even if you had NO CHOICE but to stop at say a fast food place chose a grilled chicken sandwich and apple slices over a cheeseburger and fries .. Don't drink ur calories away 24/7 drink water .. Portions are a huge factor .. You can eat unhealthy things like a piece of cake as long as you're not eating a HUGE piece or multiple pieces. I've been down the road of unhealthy eating and in the past 5 weeks I've chosen to eat healthy and it's so easy !! You have to WANT to eat healthy.. We chose what goes in our mouth - the food doesn't !