how is your journey going so far ????

Options
2»

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Totally freakin AWESOME. <3 I've lost 85 pounds over 3 years and kept it off for going on 5 years now. Never going back! It's a lifestyle for sure.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    11 weeks in ... 11.5 kg down

I plan to keep doing what I'm doing until mid-June.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Overall, it's good. I threw out my lower back on 4/8 (during a workout!!) and have only worked out three times since. I've had to heal and come back slowly. I'm now doing stretches to prevent more back injuries. I've been at my aunt's dogsitting while she's on vacation and out of town for work; I finally get to go home tomorrow to get back to my normal routine.

Even though I've been eating like crap for a few weeks, I've still been weighing and logging everything. Getting back in the game 100% on Monday.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 weeks in, and 7 lbs down (3.3 kg).
    Haven't been this happy for years!
    Doing lots more exercise (walking) than I used to, and loving the happy hormones that gives me!
  • suefairy123
    suefairy123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone.. and for those who need motivation. . Remember why you started!!!.. keep going..
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Treading water at the moment. Been on this for 100 days or so and lost about a stone. Got 7 to go to my first goal and have been stalled for at least a month, just back and forth with the same few pounds. Really upped my exercise recently to 7 hours a week ish and I'm loving that! Getting stronger and fitter every day is awesome! But been eating so much unplanned food and not losing any fat. Got an angel and a devil on my shoulders right now.
  • kcaitbpaitw
    kcaitbpaitw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Calling it a "journey" kinda makes me want to puke, but I've been working at educating myself on nutrition and finding healthy outlets for stress (outside of eating) for about a year now. No deadline, no unrealistic expectations. My weight has crept down almost 40 lbs.
  • Traciefj
    Traciefj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This time, MUCH better - I'm down 19 lbs, since I started really working at it 38 days ago. I'm doing a modified atkins kind of thing. I know real atkins doesn't usually work because all the weight comes back, but like I said, I'm really modifying. I'm watching carbs a lot right now, but if I want a potato, I have a potato. I just don't have potatoes EVERY night. And the big carbs I've cut out are the things I shouldn't have been eating all along, like giant bags of chips, plates of french fries, etc. And if i go over my carb limit because I'm eating veggies and fruit, I certainly don't care because those are the right kind of carbs to be eating. I've also given up regular tea (for now, that will never go away forever). I'm drinking yogi detox tea with a squeeze of lemon and a splash of cranberry juice in the morning. I HATE water and was a crystal light addict, but I've given that one up as well. Still hate water, but i'm putting mint leaves in it which helps. I'm also trying to get my 10,000 steps in, though this week was a bust - but that's okay because every day is a new chance to start over! I'd like to lose another 60-80 lbs. I think I can do it this time!
  • Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think I'm at 134 days in and I've lost 48 pounds. Going great, and I'm at the half way point of this journey of mine. I feel really good physically but the biggest change has been in my mood and outlook. I feel so positive whereas when I was just eating and not making an effort I had a dark cloud following me.
  • claresims27
    claresims27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JordisTSM wrote: »
    Day 119, have lost 53lbs. 159(ish) to go :smile: doing pretty damn good.

That's fantastic go you x