TMI. (Sorry) Early period? Losing too fast?

Options
I started my healthy eating Monday. I went from 165 to 158. So, like 7lbs lost in 6 days. I'm eating 1300-1400 calories a day. Have not introduced exercise yet. Obviously I'm excited to be losing, but after reading a few things I realized I may be losing too much too fast & then this morning I started my period...2 weeks early! Have any of ladies experienced this? Is this a sign that my weight loss is going too fast & I need to up my calories? Or is it just something that happens, my body getting use to the change (I was eating REALLY unhealthy before)?

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You started less than a week ago? It's likely that the loss you've seen is water weight. I think it's way too soon to pin your early period on your 6-day weight loss efforts, and way too soon to think about changing things.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    ^^This^^ It's too soon to know what caused one thing or another. Your calories aren't drastically low, either. Just keep it up and see what happens. Periods get out of whack, sometimes for no known reason. Your first 7lbs in a week was probably mostly water, anyway.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You started less than a week ago? It's likely that the loss you've seen is water weight. I think it's way too soon to pin your early period on your 6-day weight loss efforts, and way too soon to think about changing things.

I second this.
  • JessicaLP643
    JessicaLP643 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!