I need help to lose weight and keep it off

hi my name is Debbie and I need to lose weight I am desperate I have been trying 4 years losing weight gaining weight losing weight gaining weight I think what I need is a good support system because for the most part I do eat healthy :\

Replies

• reneebpowers941
    reneebpowers941 Posts: 6 Member
    Not sure if you are a new user but mfp has really helped me and I stumbled across it from someone who was dropping weight like crazy. Just keep plugging in your info and take notice how you feel or you weight after certain foods and exercises. If you're not using some kind of step counter try it. There are days I feel I've walked a marathon but haven't made my 10000 steps. Another big help is looking at your calories before eating a big meal. Hope this helps. I've been on this for a little bit now but not too sure how the community works. If you know of a way of contacting me with out me posting my contact info I would love to help and encourage you all that I can.
  • debbieurban227
    debbieurban227 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you for your response and your suggestions. I am new to this program. I am trying to eat good choices, smaller meals but more often so I don't feel hungry, I am also drinking ton's of water, however I am finding the calories are really adding up fast, today I only have 250 cals left for dinner, any suggestions?
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    What are you eating for lunch and breakfast that you only have 250 cals for supper?? What is MFP giving you for a daily total of calorie intake?

I normally only eat two meals a day .. a lot do not agree with this, but it works for me! We have to adjust our habits in order to change .. You may need to do something out of your routine or comfort zone to get the change you desire .. This is a life change! Don't do anything you cannot live with the rest of your life =)
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Get a food scale, weigh all solid and semi solid foods.

Have a moderate deficit, 1/2 pound a week.

Pre-plan your meals before breakfast, then you know exactly what to eat.