LA Fitness

Options
Does anyone belong to LA Fitness? I just joined and go for about 40 minutes everyday. I was wondering if anyone attends any of the classes? I tried Body Works plus Abs for the first time and was not impressed. I am not a great dancer so I figured latin heat was not for me. Anyways, please let me know your experience at LA Fitness. I would also love to hear some daily routines people do with the cardio equipment.

Replies

• deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Yep! I am a member. Which one did you join?

I actually really like the gym and I have done the Step Aerobics, BodyWorks and Cardio Kickboxing which I LOVE as well.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I used to be a member, but had to drop my membership. I did water aerobics, which isn't hard, but its a good cool down. I did one of the other classes (forget which one) and could not keep up. The spin classes are always packed.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of LA Fitness since Nov of 2007. I love it! it's the first gym I ever really felt comfortable going to.

I *love* body works plus abs but it really depends on the instructor. I have been lucky in that I always manage to find really great instructors. If for some reason, I don't like the instructor, I'll try another location. I currently gym hop among 3 locations and it's awesome, lots more variety this way.

I've taken the boot camp class and I like it pretty well. I love spin, but again, it depends on the instructor. I actually am not taking any spin class right now for that reason.

Good luck to you! Sorry body works didn't work out for you, but I personally love it because I end up doing the stuff I know I should be doing (squats and lunges) but wouldn't do on my own.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I loved the water aerobics class!!! I was definitely the youngest in the class by 20 years, but it was fun and a good workout!
  • miss_melissa_
    Options
    thanks for all the advice. I attend a LA Fitness in MI. As much as I did not like Body Works Plus ABs, it did leave me sore!
  • mfplaura
    mfplaura Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've done the Body Works plus Abs class several times now and it leaves me very sore every time. I go into class giving it my all, and this one has so many squats, lunges and plies, it just ends up leaving me with extreme soreness. I have to figure out a way to ease up or I just won't be able to do the class. I can't have that soreness that lasts for days afterward. I've only had one instructor for this class, not sure how others would be.

I like the cardio kickboxing and zumba. It really does depend on the quality of the instructor.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I was there for about 2 years- I liked most of the gyms I went to (I visited about half that are in my state and even one in Conneticut).

LA Fit hires teachers- and will send them anywhere- you work for the name- not a location.... so when you get hired- you can be sent anywhere- you may have a home gym- but if they call you up- they can send you anywhere.

So the type of class you get will vary widly and honestly my experiences with classes will mean nothing. we had one yoga instructor who was great- the other was an incredibly rude douchbag.

It's a big box gym- but it's not bad- I actually really miss mine now that I'm at a much smaller gym. They have what you need- they handle their stuff- but a lot depends on their operations manager and their floor manager. Usually it's a pretty good gym. It takes some time to settle in as well- so if you are REALLY new- give it some more time. It takes me almost 2 months before I feel more at home at the gym.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I went to LA Fitness for many years but I hated it. I'm pretty sure it was just the particular location I went to. The staff was rude, the personal trainers were never around for more then a month, and the equipment was always broken and/or dirty.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be joining my new LA Fitness that's down the street from me (I don't drive so walking there will be an extra workout but it's less than a mile from where I live) I want to join a water aerobics class but I'm afraid it will all be senior citizens lol
  • EmeraldMermaid5
    EmeraldMermaid5 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I love spin/cycling, also use to do a lot of yoga & zumba. I am just getting back into the workout & gym scene so I have to work my way back up. I’m 29 and I have done AquaFit. I don’t care how old anyone in the class is, I do it at my own pace. Most time it is older folks but the workout is great & but not too tough on the joints.