How to burn 200 cals at home?

Options
ameeann
ameeann Posts: 39 Member
any ideas people . . . I can't go out of the house, I've done all my housework, I can't do anything to vigorous as I've hurt my shin recently and it still smarts to jump on!!

I need to get rid of 200 cals tonight! lol

Suggestions would be appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I read in the Dukan diet book that standing under a 25 degree celcius cold shower for 3 minutes will burn 100 calories as your body burns them trying to regulate your body temperature.
  • ameeann
    Options
    haha this made me laugh! thank's for the suggestion but I was hoping to take not so drastic measures! hahaha :D
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I read in the Dukan diet book that standing under a 25 degree celcius cold shower for 3 minutes will burn 100 calories as your body burns them trying to regulate your body temperature.

That sounds a little "off".

I run for 45 minutes and burn about 350 calories. Silly me, I should have just stood in a cold shower for 9 minutes :huh:
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Yoga, they have some on instant play on netflix and direct TV, or, of course, you could always search for it on youtube. Also, sit-ups, push ups, etc burn calories as well.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    stupid Double post :ohwell:
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    30 minutes of shadow boxing in a squat position.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

I run for 45 minutes and burn about 350 calories. Silly me, I should have just stood in a cold shower for 9 minutes :huh:

^^^ LOL!
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options

lol
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    1000 situps?
  • ameeann
    Options
    Thank's, think I'll have a look at yoga now :D
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options

lol

Just quoting what I read! On Page 118 of "The Dukan Diet" he says "Eat Cold Food as Often as Possible." He also suggests we suck on ice cubes and take cold showers. All this in an effort to make the body work harder to keep us warm which takes more calories.

I don't do it, I like the warm!
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Do what I've done. Play Guitar Hero standing up the entire time. It's fun AND burns calories. I used to do it for an hour a day. Sure beats exercising. MFP actually has an exercise entry for playing instruments standing up and it burns about 280 calories for an hour. But I burn a lot more playing the game because of all the jumping around. :laugh:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

lol

Just quoting what I read! On Page 118 of "The Dukan Diet" he says "Eat Cold Food as Often as Possible." He also suggests we suck on ice cubes and take cold showers. All this in an effort to make the body work harder to keep us warm which takes more calories.

I don't do it, I like the warm!

It's the 100 calories in 3 mintes that sounds far-fetched. VERY far fetched. Consuming cold things does burn calories, but not in significant quantities to make it a weight loss strategy.
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    Standing still for abt 1.5 hours
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    taking my dog for an hours walk is about that, so maybe you could walk around your house for an hour? lol, love the hair by the way :smile:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Dancing. Turn on some music and dance like a crazy person! :tongue: Burns a lot of calories in a short amount of time!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

I burn about 580 cals on a 45 minute run. Are you very efficient?
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yoga, they have some on instant play on netflix and direct TV, or, of course, you could always search for it on youtube. Also, sit-ups, push ups, etc burn calories as well.

They have yoga on netflix?! I had NO IDEA! Thanks for sharing... I'm all over it!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    do 100 squats if yr shin start to hurt hold on to a chair go at your own pace.

do 25 then rest 3 min, do 25 again rest 4 min, 25 again rest 5 min, 25 again rest.

repeat until you reach your goal :)
  • ameeann
    Options
    Do what I've done. Play Guitar Hero standing up the entire time. It's fun AND burns calories. I used to do it for an hour a day. Sure beats exercising. MFP actually has an exercise entry for playing instruments standing up and it burns about 280 calories for an hour. But I burn a lot more playing the game because of all the jumping around. :laugh:

Haha that is awesome!

However I suck at guitar hero, so I just get frustrated! lmao