Newbie Runner

Options
Hi All! :)

I have just decided to start running, actually yesterday was my first run, i normally run on a treadmill at the gym, but for some reason I really had the urge to go out for a run. So i did, and i loved it, but this morning i woke up and kinda noticed that my thighs looked a little bigger and my sides on my tummy, and hips kinda hurt. I put it down to not running on a tread mill and impact, but why are my thighs bigger :(

Replies

• lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Any insight?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Water. When you work the muscle, they take on water as part of the repair process. As you get more seasoned, you’ll flush the water faster (recovery faster).
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    My "hips kinda hurt" after my first run too. I was working different muscles. The soreness goes away.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi All! :)

I have just decided to start running, actually yesterday was my first run, i normally run on a treadmill at the gym, but for some reason I really had the urge to go out for a run. So i did, and i loved it, but this morning i woke up and kinda noticed that my thighs looked a little bigger and my sides on my tummy, and hips kinda hurt. I put it down to not running on a tread mill and impact, but why are my thighs bigger :(

It's your imagination.... You may well be retaining a bit of water but I doubt it's actually noticeable