Sold!

Options
pannacottayum
pannacottayum Posts: 96 Member
So I started MFP two weeks and two days ago as an experiment. I've had success in the past with a food journal but never tried anything online or sticking to a calorie ceiling. I have to say, i feel like the weight is just falling off. I've lost 6.5 pounds in 16 days, and on track to loose 10 pounds by the first week in June (the goal for this "experiment").

The crazy thing is, i don't even feel like i'm on a restricted diet, nor am i even eating that "clean". I've gone over my calories a couple of times no biggie. My workouts haven't changed at all. In short, i'm sold on MFP. I'm revising my goals :)

Replies

• cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    congrats! how are you doing it?
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Me too it's amazing. =) So glad to have found it.
  • pannacottayum
    Options
    I guess it's just the calorie restriction? MFP gives me 1670 plus workouts that are in the 450-600 range give me well over 2,000 to use. I'm certainly more mindful of what and how much i'm eating but nothing drastic. I'm thinking of getting super strict for the week starting the 22nd just to see what happens.
  • pannacottayum
    Options
    Me too it's amazing. =) So glad to have found it.

Thanks!
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    I guess it's just the calorie restriction? MFP gives me 1670 plus workouts that are in the 450-600 range give me well over 2,000 to use. I'm certainly more mindful of what and how much i'm eating but nothing drastic. I'm thinking of getting super strict for the week starting the 22nd just to see what happens.

i lost mine by total calorie restriction and it melted off - at first. these last ten pounds are hell. i'm thinking exercise in my routine will help. let us know how everything goes:)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome because it is a lifestyle change, you dont have to torture yourself with any diet..Thats what I love about this and to know your intake on everything you need or dont need that enter your body. Thats what amazes me. Good job and continue to push toward your goals..
  • pannacottayum
    Options
    cindy4mica....great work! hang in there, you'll get those last ten.

sexycook....thank you!
  • AprilHead
    AprilHead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh I know, this site is more fun than a diet burden! I guess it's just encouraging to have other people and actually see results.
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This site is the first "diet" that has made me feel like I can do this....I'm already back down to my wedding day weight (just since January) I have been large my whole life, and now I feel healthy and happy
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much how I've been doing it. Nothing major, just paying attention to what goes in. As time went by though, I've noticed I have really changed my eating habits. I'm making healthier choices (for the most part) and watching portion sizes. Great place, this MFP. Good luck on your journey!
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    cindy4mica....great work! hang in there, you'll get those last ten.

sexycook....thank you!

thank you:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!