Weight Loss but doesn't Feel Like It

Options
I am 5'7. I was 180lbs year and half ago. I am down to 150-155lbs. I don't feel like I lost 30 lbs and It doesn't look like it to me either. I know I can fit into jeans I wore about 3 years ago. It just doesn't feel like it..It's weird

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    because your weight loss was very slow the change would have been gradual, so it wouldn't have been dramatic. just look at a picture from when you were heavier and im sure u will see the difference
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive lost 34 since jan. i dont SEE it but i am having to buy smaller clothes (and friends are making comments) so i know its happening LOLOL
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I feel like that too, even with a loss of 60 pounds... I still feel so big and wonder how I was ever so much bigger!

I agree with the comment about it being so gradual that we can't seem to notice it. I guess thinking of ourselves as one way for decades and suddenly having to switch our perception of self really messes with us.
  • Kayamazingpants
    Kayamazingpants Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way. I feel like I look the same but I have been getting a lot of compliments from friends/co workers and all my clothes are too big. So far 35 pound loss. I agree it does take some getting used to changing our perception of ourselves. Old pictures from even just a few months ago really help. :smiley:
  • Thanasi99
    Thanasi99 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    TIP: Take a "before" picture now.

When you've lost a significant amount of weight (just like you have) compare the pictures and you WILL see a difference.

Congratulations!
  • npearce124
    npearce124 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am the same. I gain weight really evenly though. I don't have trouble spots necessarily, more like there is an even layer of fat over my whole body. The bonus of that is I never look as heavy as I actually am but the negative is I have gone from almost 190 to 165 and there is little physical difference. No one outside of my husband has noticed my weight loss. :(