pizza? thoughts

Options
Hey guys

I'm going out for a slice tonight but it's not a place like dominos or pizza hut where the calorie information is readily available. How would you estimate how many cals are in a slice? It would probably be a chicken slice.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I check out the kind of crust and compare it to the national brands. For example, the other day I went out and decided the crust was similar to pizza hut hand tossed and the toppings were similar to pizza hut supreme for one slice and pizza hut veggie for the other slice.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    pizza is usually around the same calories as other pizzas.....go and find a calorie amount that you think it would be around and add some chicken.....you may be off a little but its better than nothing...and exercise will help those "hidden" calories that werent calculated for

good luck :)
  • armywife121110
    Options
    most of the pizza i looked up is like 300 a slice, weather it's lower than that or not i always estimate high and I go with 300 (especially if its italian)
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Those are the difficult ones! I wouldn't know how to count that, but I know I would definitely have 1 piece and then have a salad, lots of greens, that I could munch on between bites of my pizza. It may look silly but I also cut up my pizza and use a fork. Takes a lot longer to eat and feels more satisfying.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    most of the pizza i looked up is like 300 a slice, weather it's lower than that or not i always estimate high and I go with 300 (especially if its italian)

I agree, 300 is about average
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    dominos website is really good - you can input the size of pizza, the crust, and the toppings and it will calculate it for you per slice. awesome! :D
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I agree with just finding something similar. That's what I do for chinese. It's hard to guesstimate. If your in the ballpark, that's ok. I try to record high if anything, then be sure to do some exercising, just in case! Enjoy your slice of heaven! :drinker:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I live in a region of the country where we have phenomenal pizza and I would rather eat no pizza at all rather than go to a national chain (the local places blow them all out of the water!). I just use whatever is in the database, i.e. a slice of pepperoni and sausage pizza with a thin crust I would enter as the Pizza Hut Meat Lovers Thin Crust in the database.
  • themitzman
    themitzman Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for all the help! I had a square margherita slice (small one) and a slice of tomato and onion pizza. I guestimated around 600 calories for both so hopefully I'm close. Tomorrow's my weigh in and I'm down 3 pounds already so hopefully I see more gone! I tell you though the hardest has been to not weigh myself more then once a week.