Need to make this count

Options
I am 34 and 272 lbs. A mother of two children's and married to my best friends. recently I have had issues with my feet I believe it to be gout. Today is the day for change. I must make this change to enjoy my life. Lately I have been very inactive and am not showing good role model qualities to my children. Today is the day for change . Praying for all out there trying to loose weight.

Replies

• LMS120yesIcan
    LMS120yesIcan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I found that taking baby steps helped instead of making drastic changes all at once. I never felt better now that I eat healthier and exercise. Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!! It is one step at a time, one day at a time and one pound at a time. Feel free to add me for support! I'm a mom too and weighed over 240 lbs when I started this journey.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal, all the best of luck with your goals!!

Give it 100% dedication and you'll get the same back out!

Adam
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This point if view is from a 60 year old single man: Make that change. #1 for you and you alone! If for no other reason than to be there in the next 40-50 years for the husband and children that you love so much. If not already, become a role model for your children and then bring them along with you. Do the same with your husband. They will be your biggest support group and your loudest fan club. Find a routine that fits into your daily home, family and work life and stick with it. That was the biggest failing of my adult life. I found excuse after excuse after excuse to quit things or not start things. And I did not have the added factors of a wife or children to work around and for all I know it was probably one of the many things, real or imagined, that has kept me single. Time passes, I turn 60, I retire and I find I have no more excuses. I find that now I have the time to do it, but at the same time, I look to see that my time is now relatively short. Did I wait too long to get it right? You are seeing the same things at 34. Seize the moment and run, walk, swim or ride with it. Guarantee you will hit 60 in better shape than I have.