share your food to go ideas/ office lunches

Options
Melissa8911
Melissa8911 Posts: 2 Member
Hi guys!

Please share your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack ideas.

Thank you ;)

Replies

• mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I usually take dinner leftovers for lunch. I also keep hard boiled eggs, hummus, & wholly quac around to fill things out. I usually can stretch lunch with salad greens. And, I always have fruit.

Sometimes I will make a marinated bean salad on the weekend that I can eat for several lunches. Something like lentils w/ tons of fresh crisp veggies in a vinegrette.
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I s1miemgks086.jpg
    I mix chia seed with dark chocolate SILK almond milk. To make "Chia Seed Pudding."Topped with frozen raspberries. For work snack. I love it. Found recipe on Youtube.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm having a pepper from my freezer 1xum5tjvz6l5.jpg
    - stuffed with ground turkey, zucchini, mushroom, and cauliflower
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm bringing 3 oz of shrimp, 61 grams of black beans (yes, I'm precise), 50 grams of avocado, mixed with cholula chipotle sauce and a couple cups of spinach. Also greek yogurt with cocoa powder and PB2 and 3 squares of dark chocolate. And a Quest bar.
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    8f4tyse46f13.jpg

I love making salads like theser5gfr188ug7p.jpg
    when the weather warms up
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Today I had a sourdough dinner roll, wedge of brie cheese and mixed green based salad.
    For breakfast I'm a fan of greek yogurt and some sort of granola or cereal and an apple.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Today for lunch, I had a banana, an apple with peanut butter, tea, water, and some pistachios. In other words, I was running late and needed something fast. lol
  • lesliesmithgrima
    lesliesmithgrima Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was greek yogurt with granola
    Lunch spinach salad with cucumber & tomato worth honey balsamic dressing
    Snack banana & Wasabi almonds
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Oh breakfast was a bacon/cabbage frittata that I made on Sunday for this week's breakfast. I don't eat snacks, so the lunch above was the one packed meal :)
    Tonight I have chicken with some fire roasted balsamic vegetables.

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be minestrone soup for me. Today I had tabbouleh salad.
  • Melissa8911
    Melissa8911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the extremely helpfull ideas! :) also if anyone has netflix I would highly recommend this documenty called "hungy for change" it's explains importance of eating clean. Check it out it has completely changed the way I think about food! message back on here and tell me what you think? :) x
  • mskayloveb
    mskayloveb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh breakfast was a bacon/cabbage frittata that I made on Sunday for this week's breakfast. I don't eat snacks, so the lunch above was the one packed meal :)
    Tonight I have chicken with some fire roasted balsamic vegetables.

I just googled "frittata"..bacon/cabbage sounds so good! Thanks!
  • beankid
    beankid Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Lunch pulled bbq chicken (made in crockpot the day before chicken breasts plus bbq sauce on high for 3.5 hours then shred or low 6 hours) I like it on a salad or on a bun (depends on your carbs ) you could do whatever sides you like (baked potato, sweet potato, rice, quinoa, etc)

The bbq also works great in an omelette
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My fave is a salad made with approx 2 cups spinach, a cut up pear, a couple sliced strawberries and some mixed nuts. Top with dressing of choice and 3 boiled eggs.
  • xxtonixx87
    xxtonixx87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Watching "hungry for change" and wow! Shocked!
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    breakfast 3 boiled eggs (no yolk) fit and active yogurt and 4 pices of bacon, lunch 2 boiled eggs (no yolk) dinner wendys bbq ranch chicken salad and for a snack 4 ounces of cashews
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    boobeey wrote: »
    breakfast 3 boiled eggs (no yolk) fit and active yogurt and 4 pices of bacon, lunch 2 boiled eggs (no yolk) dinner wendys bbq ranch chicken salad and for a snack 4 ounces of cashews

WOW!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Anything that I can eat cold, I hate using the microwave at work. This means I usually have a bunch of salads and a burger, either meat, soy or beans. Tomorrow I'm having cucumber, cilantro, corn, broccoli and a chicken burger....My snacks tend to be yogurts and fruits....I would suggest checking my diary, since it's open, but it is in Spanish.... but feel free to check it and ask me anything :)
  • mrswalton7
    mrswalton7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Salad with multiple items prepared the night before, includes 5 oz chicken breast cooked in garlic, and 4 cups of spinach, kale, arugula, 3 olives, craisins, smoked gouda, tomatoes, cukes. I like to put strong flavored "goodies" in there so it's not bland. All clean.
  • anne00ag
    anne00ag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good idea to make it before, so the flavors get into each of the elements. Thanks