Any Newbies from Canada? Any recently laid off Moms?

iamacraftymama
iamacraftymama Posts: 32
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi people! Any Canadians out there that are new to this? I am newly laid off and trying to use my time productively and lose some weight. Holla!

Replies

• jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Welcome! I'm from Montreal and have been here about a month. Feel free to add me.
  • Not really new (joined in March) but I'm certainly Canadian! From Windsor, Ontario :)
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Words of encouragement: I have never been laid off, but two years ago my husband was laid off about this time / the beginning of summer. It was probably the best summer he/we ever had. He was very active outside and with running, spent tons of time with the kids, and had the free time to visit with friends. He was laid off for 1.5 years, and the winter time was definitely more challenging regarding feeling down about his situation.

Financially it sucked, even though we were very fortunate to be able to get unemployment until he found a new job. It also pushed him to go to college, which he probably never would have done without being laid off.

I'm sure this is a scary time for you, but try to find the good and the small blessings where you can in life. Life is too hard to let anxiety consume you. I have a bit of a hard time taking that advice, but I thought our story might make this challenge seem just a little bit less scary.
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Ya Canada! Ontario boy, myself, but currently in The land O' the Free. Been at this for a couple weeks and still working out all the kinks.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    I'm not new but from Edmonton, Alberta. Welcome if your new it is a great website definitely makes the lifestyle change and process easier.
  • Thanks for the positive vibes. It is scary but I am spending lots of time with my kids so it is a mixed blessing. I joined this site to help lose the dreaded post baby pounds, except the baby is now 2.
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    My mom has been saying the same thing about baby pounds and I am almost thirty! :smile:
  • We love our children, no question about that but I miss the butt of my twenties.
This discussion has been closed.