Shying away from awesome music opportunities because of weig

Options
I have some awesome music opportunities but when it comes down to it I feel very un-confident despite my killer skills. Since having my son I haven't performed much in public (when before I would often.) Recently I have people contacting me and wanting to make music together (I'm talking awesome opportunities - for example, a band that was up for awards in 2002 is interested in me as their lead singer and song-writing partner) yet I feel so shy because on my musician resume it states "won ____ modeling & talent competition in 2007" - well since having my baby I don't look the same! I'm worried when I meet with these people they'll be like WTF? Then again I try to remember that it's about musical talent and looks come second. I know weight isn't everything, but I can't help but feel a little anxious about this. Any advice? I need to snap out of this! (See my post about being afraid to run in public... LOL.)

Can someone smack me upside the head, please?

Edited to remove name dropping.

Replies

• Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just go! You will kick yourself in the *kitten* when you see the not-so-skinny pretty face 'replacing' you! Who cares about weight, it's the music and the persona. Do it for me who has no musical talent or skill whatsoever but I am a concert junkie and love music!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    REALLY!!! You are beautifull and look great, I saw your profile. Bite the bullet and go for it.
    You will regret it later.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    *smack*

DO IT! That sounds like an amazing opportunity! There are so many artists that NEVER get the chance you are getting now and you're going to let it get in the way because of a little baby weight (which by the way, you're working on?!)

PSHAW WOMAN!

Good luck! I hope if you get big and famous you give me a shoutout at an awards ceremony or something LOL
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Don't be shy! If you weren't talented, these opportunities wouldn't be presented to you, so take it as a HUGE compliment, and at least meet with these people! If they aren't willing to work with you because you have gained some weight (from having a BABY, no less), then they are not worthy of your talent.

So just go for it!!

P.S. I'm also afraid to run in public, but I got over that this past weekend when I did a 10k along with about 1,000 other people, lol. So you can totally do both of these things, I promise!
  • michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    Reading your post - you can tell you already regret the decision. You are asking for help. You've got the answer! Go after it! Worse case - you are right where you started. Best case - all your wildest dreams come true! You know you've got this in you! Besides - I think soo many of us rely on music to get us through things - so go create it! WE NEED IT!
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My advice, know that you are an awesome person and stop worrying about how people might think about you. If someone sees you and thinks something negative that is their problem, do not make it yours. A lot of the time we worry that people are thinking bad things about us when truthfully they are not anyway.

Most importantly remember our weight does not define who we are! Go for it!!!
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You're all so supportive! MFP is full of some really amazing people! <3