Looking for Active Friends

Options
I can't even count how many times I've started and given up on losing weight, but I'm trying again to hopefully change my eating habits for good! I know I need to make this a lifestyle change and not diet, but after about a month I get discouraged and give up.

This time around I've got my husband on board with me and one of my co-workers, but I'm looking for some active friends to give support and encouragement, and I'll do the same in return!

Replies

• retiree10
    retiree10 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Briprzy, you are singing my song. I have done the same more times than I can count. My main exercise is counting steps, but I recently hurt my knee, so until I see my doctor the middle of this month, I will be mainly counting calories.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm active I have logged 700+ days straight. Even days I don't comment on often logging on to read a blog or two.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Send me an invite if you want I have an open door policy for supportive people
  • IncredibleMulk77
    IncredibleMulk77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm very active as well and am in a similar situation...feel free to add!
  • ajlwngs
    ajlwngs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Briprzy- you can do it! It's not how many time you fall down its how you pick yourself up when you fall and keep going that matters! I'm happy to support u! I'm in the same boat! (For me - my husband and I are more competitive than supportive when comes to weight loss! We've both been working hard and I've lost 28lbs, but still 70 away from my goal. He's lost 60 and whines all the time! I struggle with more strenuous activity d/t an accident. Just gotta keep pushing on!!)

Keep the fight up! Know that you're going to encounter small setbacks along the way, and that's ok. In the big picture, you'll get there. You can do it!!
  • SolitudesMuse
    SolitudesMuse Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sent a FR to OP. I've been back on track since mid-Feb but recently reset my weight and log-in tracker to remind myself I can start with a "clean slate" each day. Anyone is welcome to add me.