Couch to 5K

Options
Starting Couch to 5K in the morning! Put in some good activity yesterday and today and I'm ready to hit a plan/program! I'll start logging calories tomorrow as well!

Replies

• saucyintruder
    saucyintruder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! I would love to learn to enjoy running, so I'm going to start with baby steps!
  • mrivera0481
    mrivera0481 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started the program again myself. I'm hoping to sign up for a 5k to keep myself motivated.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the C25k program since March 31st, and yesterday I just finished my very first 5k! Even though I hadn't completed the C25k program yet (I had just finished W5D3), I had a reasonable time ( 33:27). I strongly suggest signing up for a 5k to keep yourself motivated (huge help to me!), and joining the C25K group on MFP :) Both are great motivators! Good luck on your journey!
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Azuraen wrote: »
    I'm doing the Zombies, Run! 5k app... Im sure it's exactly like any other 5k app except I'm running from Zombies... I'm started week 4 this week and I love it so much. :D There's a whole story line and everything and it's really entertaining.
    I'm doing that too, week 6!
    My friend is doing a typical C25K and I'm noticing that his seems a bit harder. I think because his will just have a 20 minute run and the Z5k has a "freeform" run, meaning you can stop and walk if you need to.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Zombies, Run! 5k app... Im sure it's exactly like any other 5k app except I'm running from Zombies... I'm started week 4 this week and I love it so much. :D There's a whole story line and everything and it's really entertaining.

I wanted to try this but I was a little hesitant about paying for it. How do you like it? I usually run on a treadmill, do you think it would pick up me increasing my speed or would the zombies eat me haha
  • ksmi141
    ksmi141 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Haha. Awesome! I totally wish I had started on that first, but don't want to lose my progress, which isn't much, but it definitely means something to me. If I survive the C25K, I thought I'd finish up with Zombies, Run! regular app for pacing and intervals. Sounds like so much fun!
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love couch to 5K... I completed this three years ago. Afterwards, I did slack off a bit but when I started running again after a year or so I was able to jog a little over 2 miles without an issue. Stick to it!!
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

I wanted to try this but I was a little hesitant about paying for it. How do you like it? I usually run on a treadmill, do you think it would pick up me increasing my speed or would the zombies eat me haha

The thing with the z5k app is that there aren't really zombies chasing you in it as much as you being trained so you can go get chased by zombies. However, it does have the option to have it track you by accelerometer, so if you hold your phone in your hand, it can tell if you're picking up speed or not.
    But I have done it on the treadmill a few times, and it worked just fine.
  • jenblanton411
    jenblanton411 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I"m starting C25K tonight- good luck to you!