losing 20-25lbs help

Options
Hi there, I am new and want some advice. I am about 25lbs over weight and I am trying to get fit/healthy by my vacation in the end of Aug. It is about 15 weeks away. I am finally dedicated and love this app. My main problem is my tummy, any advice?

Replies

• DMLC2014
    DMLC2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if you will loose 20-25 lbs by August. Here is a site that has lots of exercises...ever an ab section! My trainer uses these with us sometimes!! You will never be bored! Good luck!
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you don't lose all the pounds you want, try toning your body. It will make you look slimmer. Try eating lots of protein, fiber, and HEALTHY fats.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    1 - don't rush things. You can only realistically lose about 1 lb per week when you are close to your goal. 2 - as far as your belly, you can't 'spot' lose fat. Your body loses fat as it will. One good idea is to start adding heavy lifting to your exercise routine, as body recomposition will change the way your body looks and you will find it more appealing.
  • mrsrubylucille
    mrsrubylucille Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 since January all I do is use my app and stay at or under my calories (most of the time) and run. I have 15 more to go but it's not as hard as it seems every time the scale changes you become your own motivation. I do suggest a digital scale and when you do weigh in do it the same time every time since weight can fluctuate up to 5lbs throughout the day.I do mornings (you're lighter in the mornings)! Good luck!!!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    To lose that much, you need a calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day (approximately). The less you weigh, the harder it is to maintain that deficit. You should also stay above 1200 calories, so it might not be possible for you to lose that much without significant exercise. What's the rush?