sports bra for large chests?

missay_
missay_ Posts: 29
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
does any one have recommendations for a great sports bra for larger chested ladies? i am a 36G and when im jogging and doing the 30 day shred, i end up having to wear a regular bra, and 2 sports bras to get *some* support!

any ideas? its really killing my back to work out!!

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Freya
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    I completely know where you're coming from. I'm a 38E and have the same problem. I did see online that Marks and Spencers have a range of extra high support sports bras, but not sure what they're like.
  • I have found that the cheapest and best way to prevent the dreaded bounce is to wear two full support bras. No it isn't pretty but it works for me. I cannot find any sports bras in my size that do not cost an arm and a leg in Canada.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Bump cause these things are about to kill me during the jumping jacks, and jump rope! LOL
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    ENELL!!!!!!!

I'm exactly your size, its the ONLY sports bra I've ever owned that has even come close to managing the girls.

Edited to add: I got mine online, the sizing was spot on for me using their guide. http://www.enell.com/ I have the white one with the hooks up the front, I think its their main model. Pricey but SOOOOOOOOOO worth it.
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    I bought mine from See Jane Run. The store is 2 blocks from my job but you can order online.
  • This is the bra that i wear and it offers great support.
    http://www.foreverfirm.com.mx/catalog.html
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Freya. Here is my new favorite: http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/freya-active-4001/black/fyj4bl/?show=16&sort=1

Same website has others I'm going to try out in the near future. You can probably find it somewhere stateside --- I have a really odd size bra (34 or 32 F depending on where my weight is fluctuating) so I order from her just because they have a great selection actually in my size.

Oh, I swear by there strappy tops for the summer tank top look too!

Edited to add - I like because it has actually cups - and doesn't squish. But, I want to try the others, because as much as we all hate it, the uniboob squish provides the best support.
  • MissMegan3119
    MissMegan3119 Posts: 110
    Glad to know I'm not the only one wearing a regular bra, along with 2 sports bras! My husband makes fun of me, but he has no clue how horrible working out with a large chest can be!
  • kblue0925
    kblue0925 Posts: 5
    i actually tried (at once) 2 sports bras, one underwire, and ..... duct tape... yea... it was a sight.... hurt like hell - but held em in :)

Oprah did a review a few years ago Enell was rated as the best sports bras for larger toped women.... best of luck!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    One more add (sorry for all the adds, but seriously, once I learned how to find good bras, my life changed :) ).

GET FITTED!! If you have never been fitted, and I don't mean at Vicky's S., at a real bra store or Nordstrom's. Get fitted!!!! If you aren't wearing the right size bra, no matter what you get in a sports bra, it isn't going to support. Almost all your support actually comes from the band - not the cups! Most women wear too big of a band size hence the support issue.
  • Enell? Got to check that out. Hopefully they ship to Canada and its not too expensive.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Enell and Freya were the best for me, now I fit into a D cup but before I was a G. I have to double up just cause I don't like them moving lol.

Craftymama I went to a specialty bra store here in Edmonton and they were able to bring in Enell they already had Freya, might want to check one out in your area. They are expensive but definitely worth it.
This discussion has been closed.