Ladies 5'10 & Up? What is your "Comfortable" Number on the scale?

Options
Hey everyone.

I am on a Weight Loss Journey, I am currently 165 Pounds hoping to get down to 132 - 140 pounds. I am 1.83m which is 6ft. Just curious to know what you taller ladies goal weights or weight in which you feel comfortable.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well I'm 5'8 and I am trying hard not to drop below my current weight of 160lb (give or take a natural 3-5lb water weight fluctuation) ...at this weight I'm a UK 10-12 ...US size 6-8...I was around 165 in my profile shot

I think the actual scale weight doesn't matter because of where you hold fat, frame size and musculature
  • kamh96
    kamh96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    True. I know the scales don't define your overall progress and of course should focus more on measurements, clothing size & all that. I forgot to mention what is your "Comfortable" clothing size? :smile:
  • Sued0nim
    edited May 2015
    Options
    kamh96 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

I am on a Weight Loss Journey, I am currently 165 Pounds hoping to get down to 132 - 140 pounds. I am 1.83m which is 6ft. Just curious to know what you taller ladies goal weights or weight in which you feel comfortable.

You are aiming for underweight with 132 which is 17.6 BMI, even 140 is low at a BMI of 18.9

That is sad and worrying and unhealthy ...there are far more health risks dropping below BMI range than being on the overweight side
  • kamh96
    kamh96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know It's underweight for my height but I have a smaller bone structure. I'm just using that as a guideline, I may feel comfortable when I lose another 2-10 pounds. I'll wait and see.
  • crouchyyy
    crouchyyy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft10 and 131 pounds. Trying to get to 128!
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    kamh96 wrote: »
    I know It's underweight for my height but I have a smaller bone structure. I'm just using that as a guideline, I may feel comfortable when I lose another 2-10 pounds. I'll wait and see.

Well I hope you do because the underweight side of BMI is incredibly concerning
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    5'10"+ with a very large frame, big chest and long waist/short legs. I am very muscular.

I'm pretty darn comfortable and confident about my body at 208. I think that I will feel great about weighing 200 when I get there. I currently wear US size 8S jeans.

The last time I was at 190 (my goal weight) I was a teenager who had just returned from a year abroad in a 3rd-world country. I had been living with a family that never had any food in the house and I was walking 10-15 miles a day at a high altitude. That weight was pretty thin for my height and frame. Any less than that would look sickly and unhealthy for me.
  • lucyreeves148
    lucyreeves148 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 6FT as well with short torso and 36 inch legs, currently size 14 Uk, would like to drop further stone, at moment I am 82 Kilos.

Right now I'm focussing on toning and conditioning.