Drives me CRAZY

Options
Swoopette
Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
Just a rant here and you are welcome to rant about anything too.

It drives me crazy when I am reading the forum (which I do lots) and I see people comment about this diet they are doing. Come on people realize its NOT a diet but a LIFE style change

RANT DONE!

Replies

• adamjackson213
    adamjackson213 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is not a complete lifestyle change as you are only changing the foods and quantity of those foods that you eat. If a diet ecorporated elements such as daily exercise, increase in sleep, etc. it would be in fact considered a lifestyle change and no longer a diet.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I do a diet every day. It's what I eat. One definition of diet is "the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats". I eat a healthy diet and have done so for most of my adult life. It's not a change for some people, so when they talk about their diet it's not necessarily a short term event or a "LIFE style change".
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    What really does it matter what people or in what term they call it...to each their own!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    For me ... the reason I am here is diet. I find logging my calories helps to ensure that I am eating less than I burn.

I've been slender and active most of my life, however in recent years my activity level dropped a bit for various reasons, and although I adjusted my diet to compensate, over the past 4 years I very gradually put on 15 kg.

I'm here making a rather aggressive diet change to remove that 15 kg ... that and other things should help me become somewhat more active again (already building up) ... and then I can return to the way I was eating before. :)

What I'm doing now is definitely not going to be a lifestyle thing for me ... it's a temporary correction.

• ksmi141
    ksmi141 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I get ya. A diet tends to represent the newest fad or trend, and it's usually short lived, versus just trying to actively make better and healthier choices.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Quibbling over semantics drives me crazy.

un6ofyC.gif

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If this is a rant about stuff that drives you crazy and I'm welcome to rant, too...country music drives me crazy.

The music wouldn't be so bad if they just wouldn't sing along with it. Sorry, country fans, but I don't know what happens in my brain when I hear that stuff. I have no idea why, but It's like a switch gets flipped in my brain and I just want to punch a wall, hard. And I am NOT a violent or aggressive person. Irritation just grows and grows the longer I'm exposed to it. If I were the Hulk, country music would be my trigger. No joke. I feel irritated just typing this.

I am known to completely exit an area if it's playing. I'm sure an I.V. Valium drip could get me through it, though. Probably anything is tolerable with the right kind of sedation. Nothing else pushes my buttons so bad as country music - especially that modern faux pop-country crap. (Interestingly enough, some of the older stuff has no negative effect on me. It's mostly the newer stuff.)

Rant over. Who's next?

2349_zps263xvwub.jpg
  • ksmi141
    ksmi141 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^Yes! So much yes!
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Swoopette wrote: »
    Just a rant here and you are welcome to rant about anything too.

It drives me crazy when I am reading the forum (which I do lots) and I see people comment about this diet they are doing. Come on people realize its NOT a diet but a LIFE style change

RANT DONE!

Ugh I hate when people say "it's not a diet" YES IT IS It's just not a stupid one
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    A "diet" in this sense is referring to the restriction of something. "Fad" diets restrict foods, "diet" for ethical/medical reason restrict foods. Everyone trying to lose weight is restricting something.... In your case it's calories