What foods do you snack on??

Options
amurray14
amurray14 Posts: 2 Member
I'm trying to get all of my calories in but I'm finding it difficult. At the end of the day I go to log my day and it tells me I need to eat more. If i go eat veggies it's still too low in calories but I don't want to snack on carbs and junk so late. What are some go to snacks that you have to help with your calorie intake?

Replies

• mrswalton7
    mrswalton7 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    In the evening, I like seeds. Yes, they have a lot of fat, but it is good fat and they don't cause a spike in blood sugar. I like 2 tablespoons of seeds.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Jerky
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    String cheese
    Kippered snacks
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with carbs at night.... And what is junk?

I like dessert after dinner. Fruit with yoghurt, icecream/frozen yoghurt, chocolate, baked something or other...
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    String cheese. Apples & cheddar. Turkey pepperoni. Tea & honey. Breyers low carb ice cream bar.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    IF I ever had large amounts of calories left over, I'd have apple with peanut butter, maybe some cheese, maybe even with good quality bread.
  • melinda3850
    melinda3850 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1 cup of mixed frozen berries and a lsplash of water, blended till smooth.

makes an excelent sorbet... tastes just like ice cream
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I second the seeds, I love a handful of pumpkin seeds sprinkled with cinnamon. It balances blood sugars so it stops food cravings and also gives me some healthy fats.
  • amurray14
    amurray14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all of the suggestions.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Raw almonds
  • HeatherNumberOne
    HeatherNumberOne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds with dried cranberries. So yummy. I have also been going for (small amounts) of okra chips lately.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If I have calories left I eat a special k protein bar, I always get sweet cravings at night so this cures it
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Graze snacks are my favorite because they have a great balance of protein, carbs and fat. Otherwise, it's typically Greek yogurt or cheese or protein bar with an apple, or a whole grain English muffin with ricotta and honey or nut butter.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Bread, cheese, butter, nuts, etc are some of my favorite snacks besides fruits and veggies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    amurray14 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get all of my calories in but I'm finding it difficult. At the end of the day I go to log my day and it tells me I need to eat more. If i go eat veggies it's still too low in calories but I don't want to snack on carbs and junk so late. What are some go to snacks that you have to help with your calorie intake?

You could also analyze your diet here as a whole...my guess is that you've cut out a good deal of dietary fat...so get more of that. Saute or roast your veggies in some good oil, us full fat salad dressings, eat cheese and other full fat dairy, etc.
  • arob12001
    arob12001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Clif Crunch bars, Nature Valley bars, Nature's Path bars, light butter popcorn
  • Juliecsimpson001
    Juliecsimpson001 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Greek yogurt, veggies with hummus, 1/2 apple with 8 almonds, berries. Try to include protein in your snacks.
  • JasonlRoeder
    JasonlRoeder Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruit and maybe some carrots
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    raw almonds and pistachios, yum :)
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Nuts, greek yogurt, pure protein bars, Kashi bars, quest bars, greek yogurt with protein powder or pb2, hard boiled eggs, canned chicken, carrots and hummus. Justins nut butter packets with a banana or apple or on yogurt.