20kgs (44 pounds) in 20 Week Challenge

Options
Hello everybody!!

Late notice I know, but I was at work today and decided to see how many weeks until I go on my 1 year anniversary holiday to Thailand with my husband.

So it's exactly 20 weeks today!! I'm excited but now really want to get some weight off and work harder than I have been and become dedicated! So... I've decided to focus on losing 20kgs (44 pounds) in 20 weeks. It's healthy and realistic goal to have (for me because I have a lot to lose!!)

If anyone wants to join in that would be fantastic. I will keep a track and do up some sort of spreadsheet (I've seen others do that here!!)

So my starting weight, as of 19 May 2011 is 134.9 kgs (297.4 pounds :frown: ) but on the happy side of things, I will never see this number again!

If you're up for it, let me know, tips/hints and support are more than welcome!!!

Replies

• corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm on a slower losing rate so l won't be joining you but all the best it's great to have a goal like that
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I'll join you ..... its a push for me but I'm willing to give it some serious effort!

My starting weight on 19th May is 225.8lbs (I weigh in on a Sunday, so I'll use the previous Sunday's results when I check in with you each week!)

Are we doing measurements too?

I just sent you a friends request too. xx

Edited to add - 20 weeks is the day before my 30th birthday, so big incentive for me to push hard too!
  • MsMe79
    MsMe79 Posts: 54
    Options
    Hey Jenny - yes, we should do measurements!! I'll do them first thing in the morning! YAY! I'm excited

Which measurements do you do? How exciting, you're b'day and my 1 year anniversary!

corieueber - totally understand! Thanks for the support :)
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    What a great challenge. I'm sure you can do this, it will take dedication and hard work but you are motivated for it. I am a much slower loser 300grams a week on average. I will offer you support and try to help you reach your goal.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options

Which measurements do you do?

I usually do waist, hips, under boobs and across boobs :o)
  • MsMe79
    Options

Which measurements do you do?

I usually do waist, hips, under boobs and across boobs :o)

Nice, I will do them first thing in the morning!!! :smile:
  • MsMe79
    Options
    What a great challenge. I'm sure you can do this, it will take dedication and hard work but you are motivated for it. I am a much slower loser 300grams a week on average. I will offer you support and try to help you reach your goal.

Thanks lovely, I gotta say, I've started to get to know some great people on here, everyone is so supportive
  • MsMe79
    Options
    Bumping incase anyone wants to get in on this!! Thanks for those who have decided to join me in on this!

If every sends their measurements/weights on the day they do it, I will update the spreadsheet once a week!

:happy:
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in.
  • MsMe79
    Options
    Have replied to your msg sugarbeans and sent you a friends request :smile:
  • s_nilu
    s_nilu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hello everyone,

i currently weigh 154.3 lbs (70.2kgs) and 5 feet 6 inches tall. My main goal is to be 132lbs (around 60kgs). My main problem is my tummy...i am currently on low calorie diet and go to gym 4 days a week but not sure why i am not loosing any weight. Please could some one suggest me about what to eat and and what times.

I mainly eat my dinner between 9.30 to 10pm...i feel this is where i am going wrong.

Please any suggestions?

Many thanks
    Nilu