Setting Activity Level

Options
Newbie here....how do you know if your level of fitness activity is considered "active" vs "very active" I do 5-6 days per week between 35-45 min of something different everyday. Weights, HIIT, I just don't want to be eating more calories than I should to hit goal. Thanks!

Replies

• raoul_britton
    raoul_britton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you do just cardio or just do , do sole weight training as well during those 45 minutes , because 45 minutes or light walking row running would be consider active ,however myself I work out 3 to 4 time a week for almost 3 hours each time 2 hours weight and 1 hour cardio that would he consider very active
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If you consider your exercise when setting your activity level, then don't track the exercise as well.
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I put mine as sedentary so that I can then track my exercise. If you put active then you don't get to add exercise cals and also if you take a day off you'll be over-eating. I like to be able to put it in and therefore feel the "reward" of more food that day (or, the punishment of nothing extra if I didn't go work out).
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    most people tend to greatly overestimate how active they are.
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I thought activity level was how active are you without exercise? So if you take in your day to day life, do you have a sedentary job, are you chasing after kids all day, do you spend most of the day on your feet or being slightly active. Any purposeful exercise, like cardio or strength training, would then get added into your exercise diary afterwards.
  • jenncalicollins617
    jenncalicollins617 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I thought activity level was how active are you without exercise? So if you take in your day to day life, do you have a sedentary job, are you chasing after kids all day, do you spend most of the day on your feet or being slightly active. Any purposeful exercise, like cardio or strength training, would then get added into your exercise diary afterwards.

Thats how I understand it as well. Now I'm wondering if I've been doing it wrong!? But I'm losing so.....
  • jtoup11
    jtoup11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This really helps!