Step tracker app with MFP?

Options
Hi everyone. I don't know if this was asked before, but is there an app that synchronizes with MFP and tells it how many calories you burned during a walk? I'm trying to keep things as accurate as possible and sometimes I don't know how fast I walked or for how long exactly. I've noticed that although I'm walking quite regularly lately, I haven't been losing any weight, so it might be that I'm overestimating. Please help!

Replies

• mihaelapopolan
    mihaelapopolan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok so I used the search button :) I can see there are some apps on here, I just have to figure out which is the best one and how to synchronize it. I take it MFP just gives you more calories based on the data provided by the other app? Any input would be much appreciated!
  • MommyMichelle1234
    MommyMichelle1234 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Map My Fitness (map my walk, map my ride, map my run, map my bike). Syncs with MFP. They also have a pedometer for mmf. About $20. Syncs with map.
  • MommyMichelle1234
    MommyMichelle1234 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mfp, not map.
  • scamp07
    scamp07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is synced with MFP. It tracks calories burned (along with steps and active minutes) and MFP gives me extra calories in my daily total if fitbit sends over a higher calorie burn total. I also use Map My Run when I run and walk which also syncs with MFP and calculates calories burned. If you are outside you don't need a pedometer. The Map My Run app will track your distance using your phones GPS.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    • Pacer
    • Runtastic
    • MapmyFitness
    • MapmyRun
    • Mapmywalk
    • Runkeeper
    • Runtastic Pedometer
    • Fitbit (I know at least for iphone users that there is an option to use the phones step counter without having to buy a Fitbit device)