No Weigh May? Who's in??

Options
So a friend and I are going to try and not weigh in the entire month of May. Both of us have become slaves to the scale and it's not really conducive to getting healthy.

Anyone want to give it try? I'll put this disclaimer in that I will be weighing in on Monday the 4th to get my final weigh in before I start. :smiley:

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I want to give this a try but I'm in a group where there's a weekly weigh in :( hmmm, maybe I'll just cheat on the group and go in for this. :D
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    am in the weekly weigh in group too but my scale don't even work right now so i was gonna guess with my measurements, and maybe i will go to the mall to weigh my self lol at the end of this month so (count me in)
    I want to give this a try but I'm in a group where there's a weekly weigh in :( hmmm, maybe I'll just cheat on the group and go in for this. :D
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Good luck would drive me completely mad, not knowing where I was.
  • MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yay! We can do it!!
  • maryloufenner
    maryloufenner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really want to throw my scales out! I get on them twice a day and it makes me depressed when I don't lose! I may have to put them in the garage until June! Great idea x
  • ktmeyer28
    ktmeyer28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Hate that fricken scale!!!
  • MissusSpags
    Options
    I get depressed when I get on the scale in the morning and then at night and it's different..higher...ugh. But I know that's in my head and that's the main reason I'm tossing the scale after Monday. I'll have my husband hide it on me.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    You're shooting the messenger. If it were steadily going down you wouldn't hate it. That's not the scale's fault.
  • MissusSpags
    Options
    Lol...true Waffle.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    You're shooting the messenger. If it were steadily going down you wouldn't hate it. That's not the scale's fault.

+1

No way am I participating. I know that anything extra that shows up on the scale is water weight. Ask yourself how you're going to stay accountable this month so that you don't gain. Are you still going to weigh your food and log accurately?
  • rnjennifer3
    rnjennifer3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think I'd like to try this. I was weighing once a week and have lost 25lbs since January but now things are slowing down and I'm getting more frequently fixated on the numbers. I've been weighing 2-3 times a week which is not good. It's all head games that we play with ourselves. Staying true to what goes in my mouth and knowing that's a good thing needs to be the focus instead of the numbers. Count me in!
  • squeaktooth
    squeaktooth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale...so that helps...I'm going to just gauge by the size of my gut blubber and pit fat...the scale seems to make me too nuts...I'm in..gonna try to approach this whole thing as the journey being the destination...not eating boring lame stuff to fit into my old clothes but to feed myself well as a mark of commitment to well being. As someone who eats emotionally, scales are too much pressure....
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm out (since I'm going on vacation this month and have to stay extra focused!) but I would love to hear how it goes for you and your friend.

I'm also wondering how you'll stay accountable. Measurements? Photos?

Good luck!
  • MissusSpags
    Options
    I'm definitely going to log each day. I'd like to keep this on the honor system if everyone's game for that. Like I'd mentioned, I did weigh in this morning. Darn AF this week so I stayed the same but at least it wasn't a gain!

My friend is out of the challenge for the foreseeable future. She was just diagnosed with Leukemia and has a blood clot in her arm. She's in the hospital now for more tests for at least 4-6 weeks. If you are the praying sort, or even if you're not, keep her and her family (husband and five young daughters) in your thoughts. <3
  • becubbage
    becubbage Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and will definitely say a prayer for her and her family. I'm down for No Weigh May!! I just had my second baby, who's 2 months old today, and I now have 35 pounds to lose still! (Gained 60 with this one
  • jamielynbrown24
    jamielynbrown24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your friend. I love your idea of no weigh may. I'm going to try my best not to look at the scale. :)
  • MissusSpags
    Options
    Thank you ladies..and thanks for the friend request @becubbage !
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    am sorry about ur friend i hope she gets better :(
    i weighted my self Saturday and find out i gain 1 lbs (146.8 lbs) but i realize Sunday am starting my woman thing so am thinking that's why i gain so i will find out at the end of this month how much i lost..
    is any one knows any workout for cramp times. i tried few before to help ease the cramps but it gets worst for me at the end of workout. ( sorry if i spell any word wrong. bad english lol )
  • MissusSpags
    Options
    I take ibuprofen for the cramps and an hour later, I'm good to go. Not sure about which exercises would help but I know that if I am feeling cruddy, I don't want to go out walking so I nip the cramps in the bud before I even think about stepping foot outside my door.