What 22.5 months, 20 lbs (and better make up skills) does to a girl....

Options
sophiegrace543
sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
Hi everyone,

I've never done one of these before and I am no way where I want to be in terms of my fitness, my body and my weight, but I thought I would share a side-by-side comparison with my prom picture and a picture of me from a ball I went to last night.

rm5tgn.jpg

The picture on the left is from late June 2013 and on the right is early May 2015. 22 and a half months, 20 lbs and improved make up skills can do wonders! I wanted to share this picture partly because I'm very proud of myself and partly to show people, especially young women, that a bit of time and effort can really pay off! I felt so confident last night and I had a wonderful time and, no, it wasn't all because of how I looked but it certainly helped!

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    You look lovely in both pictures, but your confidence really shines through in the second one! Both you and the dress are stunning!
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You are a very beautiful girl. Congratulations and keep up the hard work!
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ok... You look absolutely cute in both Pictures. The second dress is very beautiful... but the girl - stunning in both. Just saying... not to knock Down your hard Work, but to boost your confidence (should you ever gain back a few Pounds)
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is a beautiful dress (in the 'after' photo)! Or maybe it just looks that way because oh my goodness look at you. You are absolutely gorgeous.
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Well Done. You are lovely in both pictures. It's good to be at a healthier weight though. I wouldn't think that you have much more to lose.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You are very pretty!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. Your make up looks great in both photos as do your gowns, you have great taste! :) Congrats , you've worked hard and it shows.
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    Oh my gosh thank you so so much everyone for the most lovely comments! You have all given me such a confidence boost - and, perhaps more importantly, I'm now thinking much more positively about how I used to look! Wishing you all the best :)
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You are a very pretty girl, in both pictures. Congratulations on your hard work to get to the weight you are. I don't think you need to lose much more weight. You want to maintain your shape and not be "skinny". Good job!!!
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    Thank you! I think you're right - I'm pretty much at the weight that's right for me, I just want to now work on toning and building muscle!
  • JamieBrookThompson
    JamieBrookThompson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This made me emotional. I think everybody (man or woman) goes through these stages in life. Especially in high school. This is the reason books like Twilight are invented because we can all relate. I'm so proud of you! Wait to go! Keep up the good eating habits! It's a lifetime commitment. I'm in my thirties and just started. I'm not extremely over weight. It's just these blasted 20 lbs that have crept on over the years. People tell me all the time, "You look great. Stop it. You're darling." But I want to tell them not to say that because soon 20 turns into 40 lbs overweight and then I'm gone. I have a family line of obesity, but with strong gals like yourself on here I can beat this! Thanks for posting!
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    This made me emotional. I think everybody (man or woman) goes through these stages in life. Especially in high school. This is the reason books like Twilight are invented because we can all relate. I'm so proud of you! Wait to go! Keep up the good eating habits! It's a lifetime commitment. I'm in my thirties and just started. I'm not extremely over weight. It's just these blasted 20 lbs that have crept on over the years. People tell me all the time, "You look great. Stop it. You're darling." But I want to tell them not to say that because soon 20 turns into 40 lbs overweight and then I'm gone. I have a family line of obesity, but with strong gals like yourself on here I can beat this! Thanks for posting!

THIS comment made ME emotional! Thank you so much!
    Like you, I've had people say "you're not fat, you look lovely already, why are you doing this etc" - the best response I've come up with is "I am doing this for me because I want to and I'm feeling so much better". Eating healthy and falling in love with exercise is the best decision I ever made because it has turned my life around. My doctor told me to keep an eye on my weight because it might become a problem and lead to health issues - that's definitely not something any teenager wants to or should hear! I wish you the best of luck for your journey and I'm sure you can do it! If this comfort-eating, food-loving, exercise-hating gal can do it, anyone can
  • billiebutton
    billiebutton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look great in both pictures. Love your hair in the before. I agree your confidence shines through in the after pic.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I think you're right - I'm pretty much at the weight that's right for me, I just want to now work on toning and building muscle!

You look great congratulations:). There's a lot of helpful links on here about building muscle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!