I walked it all off.. 22 lbs downs

Options
nishasb
nishasb Posts: 2 Member
4 months.. 5 miles of brisk walking daily. 1000 calories intake... kept my log on myfittnespal... and walked off 22 lbs!!
Loving life... 12 lbs more to shed.. then its all about maintaing it.

Replies

• MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    way to go! I can't wait to have a success story like this!
  • k35cunning
    k35cunning Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You walked 5 miles a day and only consumed 1000 calories a day? Or am I misreading this?
  • Rachelerik
    Rachelerik Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Nice! Can't wait to hear/see your final results!
  • dot124
    dot124 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done - I try and walk five miles a day but I'm on treadmill in house.
  • rawk_fairy_666
    rawk_fairy_666 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Only 1000 cals a day?? Do you mean plus eating back your exercise cals? If not that sounds frankly quite dangerous!
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Only 1000 cals a day?? Do you mean plus eating back your exercise cals? If not that sounds frankly quite dangerous!

Whilst personally I think 1200 calories is better and I think what MFP recommend I really don't see walking 5 miles in this circumstance as dangerous. Let's not forget only one generation back most people were walking this simply to get to work or to take the kids to school.
    I just wish I lived somewhere where we had all year round good weather for walking. I'm in the UK and it tends to rain every other day :(

Great result OP and also a great life style change for when you are maintaining.
  • Twixie80
    Twixie80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • nishasb
    nishasb Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I meant 5miles walking a day and yes eating back the exercise cals.. a total net 1000 calories each day.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Wow. :noway:
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Lol..I get it..great job..I dont count my exercise calories personally but I know a lot of people who have done what you have done (eating exercise calories back)
  • MeganPaigeHausner
    MeganPaigeHausner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just started walking 5 miles a day about a week and half ago. After a week I weighed myself and weighed the same. I am looking forward getting over the hump and seeing my lifestyle change pay off. Tomorrow is another weigh in for me so I'm crossing my fingers I shed some pounds because my legs are definitely sore! :)
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. ..ealk 5 miles briskly. .Mfp puts it at over 600 calories. .but I only put on half as I think it over estimated it! !
  • Charliecatesq
    Charliecatesq Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Whilst personally I think 1200 calories is better and I think what MFP recommend I really don't see walking 5 miles in this circumstance as dangerous. Let's not forget only one generation back most people were walking this simply to get to work or to take the kids to school.
    I just wish I lived somewhere where we had all year round good weather for walking. I'm in the UK and it tends to rain every other day :(

Great result OP and also a great life style change for when you are maintaining.

Walk in the rain, i live in the Uk 3 mile round trip to work and back! Rained this morning and i cracked on.
  • Nils0890
    Nils0890 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great work :D
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thats inspiring for me :)
  • Keva81
    Keva81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    congrats :)
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nice one just started walking daily thanks for the inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!