Need a kick up the you know what...

Hi all, Trying to lose weight but lack willpiwer and motivation. I have lost just over a stone so far, but find it tough going as my weight loss is slow. How do you all stay strong and not give into cravings? Any help will be awesome..x

Replies

• skn57
    skn57 Posts: 7 Member
    It's tough loosing weight. You have to get the mindset and be determined that you will loose weight. As far as cravings are concerned, try to find a healthy substitute or perhaps once a week, eat a small portion of what you are craving. That way you satisfy your craving and by not eating too much of it, you can manage your calories. Hang in there!! Just curious, are you exercising any (such as walking, gardening, etc.?) Exercise is important to help you burn calories.
  • magneticreikipaul
    magneticreikipaul Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2015
    find your why set a goal and go for it as if your life depends on it you'll ask why the answer is because it does!
    take responsibility for your life the shape you are in the quicker you take responsibility the quicker you can do something about it!
  • hilsphils
    hilsphils Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Skn57 Thanks for the reply, I am usually fairly motivated but when the cravings hit I find it very hard, but if I give into a little, it will become a lot, so I try to avoid it at all costs. I'm exercising a little I really need to focus on that more. I have an underactive thyroid so I know weight loss is slower and I do drink loads of water.
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    A person does not feel "full" from the number of calories, rather the quantity of food. When you first start out that quantity of food is higher than it will be when you are near your goal weight. So it's important to start out finding foods that are low in calorie and high in quantity. It's easy to make a salad, toppled with your favorite veggies, and a lite dressing. (If you need extra protein toss on a hard boiled egg or grilled chicken) and you have a very full feeling for little calories. Don't forget to increase your water intake as well. The feeling of thirst starts out the same as hunger and if you are exercising more you will feel that more. It's very common for someone to say they are hungry after a workout when more likely they are just thirsty. Increasing your water helps a lot.
    Remember weight loss is slow; but you are losing. A slow loss is healthy. 1 stone is a good loss and for many to lose that much healthily, can take 2 months. Just keep goin at it and you will get there.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    I remind myself why I'm doing it and how awesome I'm going to look at my goal weight. Plus I remind myself how each calorie really does count and anything I don't log or that goes over my calorie goal is hurting me. You have to change the mindset that you deserve extra food that's bad for you, that you deserve to be lazy instead of working out. You don't. You DESERVE a better and healthier body that you feel comfortable in. You DESERVE that awesome feeling after a workout when you feel like you're on top of the world.

If that doesn't work or when I am really bad, I look at a certain picture where I look like a whale riding a kayak and remember how I couldn't haul myself back up on it out of the lake after tipping over. It's harsh but that's what they call tough love :smiley: I want to be able to do the things I enjoy.