Tried doing it on my own

Hi All
I'm a mother of two boys. Over the past 15 years I picked up 35 kg and a month before my 35th birthday I decided I cannot go on like this, it was time for a change.

So far I've changed my eating habits, started exercising and walking to the shops instead of driving. In month two I joined MFP and started logging my food as well. I've lost 6 kg in the past two months but I'm finding it harder and harder to stick to my goals on my own when my family thinks it's a faze I'm going through instead of taking me seriously.

Any support will be refreshing.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Hi, Don't get disillusioned. You have come so far!
  • ElizeMariette
    ElizeMariette Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, thank you for your response
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    boo%20hug.gif

While my family doesn't think it's a phase (well they might have at the beginning, idk), but they are the "one day of not knowing your calorie count won't kill you" type. Which is true one day isn't a big deal (hello asian buffet, I love you occasionally), but for them that "one day" is 3 to 4 times a week. I avoid going over to relative houses very often now, because they always want to eat while I'm there.
    I don't have any issues with my husband. Well I did at first, he poked fun at it, but he is actually using MFP now as well. My boys are to young to care (3 yrs & 11 months).
    Stay strong.
    weight-loss-inspiration-quote.jpg
    173202-Weight+loss+inspirational+quot.jpg
    Weight-Loss-Inspiration-From-Instagram.jpg