Beach Ready with 30 Day Shred

Options
Hello! I'm heading to Cancun in exactly 35 days and managed to slack off in prepping for my trip. I've never EVER worn a bikini and swore to myself that I would not go on this trip in a one piece suit. So...35 days to get myself in bikini body shape, who's with me? I'm thinking 10-15 pounds and some serious toning and I will be confident in my skin. I'm going to start 30 day shred today. If anyone's interesting in joining or just sharing motivation please feel free to add me! Also, does anyone have suggestions on optimizing toning and weight loss with this program or any others?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think it's unrealistic to expect to lose that much weight in a month. And unfortunately, it's not possible to "tone" an isolated body part. Exercise for fitness so that you have plenty of stamina to enjoy playing on the beach. Wear swimwear that makes you feel good about yourself. "Beach ready" should mean that your bag is packed with everything you need for a fun vacation.
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You should not set too high expectations as the body does not work according to our plans. You can do 30 DS and get great results. But don't stress out if you don't or you will feel lousy during your holidays.
    Besides, as the popular saying now goes, to get a bikini body, put a bikini on your body.
    Good luck!
  • weightBgonegone
    weightBgonegone Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred yesterday! I too am leaving for vacation in about a month and have never worn a bikini either. I'm looking to lose about the same amount of weight within this month (I'm trying, I'm not expecting).
  • autodominio
    autodominio Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can totally lose 8 lbs in a month. I feel the first two responses are not as supportive as they could be. If you want a beach body, take your body to the beach and bang! beach body.
    I do agree with them on that a drop of x lbs is out of your control, focus on what you control. Exercise, eat well, etc. and regardless of how many lbs you lose I bet you'll beam with confidence that the number on the scale won't matter. I hope you reach your goal not only for this trip but also for a permanent healthy lifestyle.
  • tstoner06
    tstoner06 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Maybe I wasn't clear...I am realistic and understand that I can't guarantee a certain number on the scale. However I am confident that I'm going to give it my all to be successful in a healthier body and lifestyle. In the end you all are exactly right, it's not the number on the scale it's how I feel. If/when I feel great and increase my confidence (no matter what I look like to everyone else) I'm rocking my beach body! I am 5'2 and 140 pounds, I know it's possible to look fantastic at this weight and height if I have a better body fat combination so that's where my focus will be but I do think losing a few pounds will certainly help.
  • Mrshsm
    Mrshsm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Until I saw this post I completely forgot that I have 30day shred! Lame huh? I've never even opened it. I'm very out of shape & it doesn't take much for me to be out of breath but I'll sure open it up & give it a go with y'all! :)
  • amandaiams
    amandaiams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey, I would LOVE to join! I have a vacation June 18th and I want to look better than I do now, or at least FEEL better about myself. Please add me and let me know when this is starting!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I started 6w6p two days ago, planning to rotate to 30 day shred next week. I'd also love to lose 10lbs