Morning Smoothies

Options
I am looking for recipes for morning smoothies. I cannot have alot of protein or potassium.. Just a heads up.. But I am on food stamps so funds are limited. right now I have apples and cranapple juice that i have been using cus my bf grabbed the wrong thing so yah. I am on a 1600 calorie diet so I have basically told myself about 400 calories for breakfast

Replies

• CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I always start mine with 1 cup of baby spinach - then add a cup of frozen fruit (unsweetened) and then some unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Lots of stores have their own brands of almond milk which are about $1 cheaper than the main brands and just as good. Or you can add plain Greek yogurt and water (this is tart though....). You can also use whatever fresh fruits are on sale & add ice - I like mine super cold.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I buy bulk frozen tropical fruit (usually lasts me 2 weeks) add in almond milk and juice and protein powder...but lots add in things like spinich, yogurt, random veggies from the sale area (esp since they are pulverized....frozen bananas are good in them as well.
  • sapnaaaaa
    sapnaaaaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I buy fruit and freeze as much as I can to save on money. I usually use coconut or almond milk (i get as many as I can when they're on offer!), spinach, half a banana (freeze the other half for my smoothie the next day) and some berries. If i'm feeling very hungry that morning, I might add some oats into it to thicken it up.