Eating to meet calorie goals when not hungry?

Options
I just went to complete my log for today and it came up with a warning saying I couldn't starve myself. I've been eating all day and I'm not hungry. My goal is 1,200 calories a day, I've had 930. It says it just has to be above 1,000. I'm not hungry but should I eat anyway or leave it alone?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    One day won't hurt. Just don't make it a habit. You could always drink something with calories is always another option.
  • Dofflin
    Dofflin Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you need to lose weight, and you feel fine, don't eat when not hungry
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    OP, what are your stats?

Like above...one day won't hurt but is this how you normally eat? I ask for your stats because 1200 calories, let alone the 930 you indicated you ate can be extremely low for a person of your age, unless they are quite...quite short.

If you're feeling full on only 930 calories, there is a possibility that there may be an error in logging somewhere as well. Any chance at opening your diary?
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Basically, what the others said. Even I don't feel hungry on some rare days, maybe because I ate more the day before or because I'm feeling under the weather. But it definitely shouldn't become a habit to eat too little because you simply can't get all the nutritients you need and enough fuel for your body.
  • spekaelizabeth
    spekaelizabeth Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    OP, what are your stats?

Like above...one day won't hurt but is this how you normally eat? I ask for your stats because 1200 calories, let alone the 930 you indicated you ate can be extremely low for a person of your age, unless they are quite...quite short.

If you're feeling full on only 930 calories, there is a possibility that there may be an error in logging somewhere as well. Any chance at opening your diary?

I'm 5'0 and 127 lbs, trying to get down to pre baby weight 105.
  • spekaelizabeth
    spekaelizabeth Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just eat smallish meals and a lot of snacks and a lot of water. I just downloaded this app 2 days ago so not sure how to make it public?