Hi, I'm Amber

Options
AmberDalum
AmberDalum Posts: 39 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
If anyone would like someone to talk while losing weight I'm here. I also think I may be able to offer some good tips or advice that may help. I'm not certified I don't have a degree but I do have some personal experience that may help. I'm not claiming to know everything I'm just trying to help other meet there goal if I can.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    What kind of stuff? :huh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Background?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    In courage mentioned or encouragement?

What kind of stuff?
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    tCM91fm.gif
  • shellsway466
    shellsway466 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Amber,
    my name is Michelle and maybe you've discovered some tricks over the years of curbing an extreme sweet tooth?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'd bet MANY of us know "alot {sic} about this kinda stuff". What is your training or background in nutrition, personal fitness, diet etc?
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

jZPkiNc.gif

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

jZPkiNc.gif

tumblr_mila4d1b6l1rczjtuo7_250.gif
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    Whatever you wanna know?
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    If you have questions ask me if you need someone to talk to talk to me. I'm more than willing to give in courage mentioned or help motivate as well.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    You keep saying in courage mentioned, do you mean encouragement?
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    This isn't confusing? it's pretty straight forward actually this is a my fitness pal community chat right? So I'm trying to help people lose weight or answer any questions they have.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What are your basic recommendations for a person just starting out? If you could tell them just 3 or 4 things that they need to do to be successful, what would those things be?

And also, I'm going to repeat the question you've been asked several times: what are your qualifications for giving advice?
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    I'd bet MANY of us know "alot {sic} about this kinda stuff". What is your training or background in nutrition, personal fitness, diet etc?
    Well I don't have any training in this, but I do have alot of personal experience and iv done my share of research. I'm not claiming to know everything but would love to help anyone in anyway I can . As well as helping provide any moral support or motivation for anyone who needs it.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    AmberDalum wrote: »
    If you have questions ask me if you need someone to talk to talk to me. I'm more than willing to give in courage mentioned or help motivate as well.

Honey, it's encouragement.

Before people start asking you questions, it might help to give people your background - like how much weight you've lost, what sort of fitness or dietary qualifications you have.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    This isn't confusing? it's pretty straight forward actually this is a my fitness pal community chat right? So I'm trying to help people lose weight or answer any questions they have.

The reason people are confused is because you have very few posts and are offering vague help about "stuff". Maybe you can just jump into the forums and start offering advice for people who have already asked for help in other threads. That way you can build your reputation and people will know if you have good advice to offer.
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    Hello Amber,
    my name is Michelle and maybe you've discovered some tricks over the years of curbing an extreme sweet tooth?

What I do when I have a craving or a sweet tooth is instead of just craving I buy fun sized candy bars or individually packed snacks that are portioned for me 100 calorie sback packs are good for this to if you want a snack you get a little bit of what your craving and that really helps me. and If I want a treat I will just allow myself to have one. I think it's best to not ignore your cravings because then you start to feel deprived. And you are more liekly to over indulge.
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    I don't think it's right to attack someone who is trying to help others. if you don't want my help then I won't help you. It's your decision if you don't want it then don't take it but the point is I'm here if anyone needs me.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's right to attack someone who is trying to help others. if you don't want my help then I won't help you. It's your decision if you don't want it then don't take it but the point is I'm here if anyone needs me.

You're not being attacked.
  • AmberDalum
    Options

Honey, it's encouragement.

Before people start asking you questions, it might help to give people your background - like how much weight you've lost, what sort of fitness or dietary qualifications you have.

Well iv been diet sence I was 12 years old and iv read tons and tons of dieting books mu weight fluctuate d over time but at one point I weighed 161 pounds I then starved myself to 150 and 145 then I used my fitness pal religiously and got to 125 . The reason I'm here today is because I want to be healthy and I've gained 10 pounds sence 2013 and I want to lose it again. And with hard work I will make it happen. Currently I am 22 years old and I am a part time student in college who also works a part time job. I am 5'5 and I weigh 137 pounds.