Hi, I'm Amber

Options
2»

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    AmberDalum wrote: »
    I don't think it's right to attack someone who is trying to help others. if you don't want my help then I won't help you. It's your decision if you don't want it then don't take it but the point is I'm here if anyone needs me.

Nobody is attacking you. People are skeptical about your offer and advice. You have almost no post history and haven't offered any information on the amount of weight you have lost, just that you aren't certified in any fitness or weight loss related field.
  • AmberDalum
    AmberDalum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What are your basic recommendations for a person just starting out? If you could tell them just 3 or 4 things that they need to do to be successful, what would those things be?

And also, I'm going to repeat the question you've been asked several times: what are your qualifications for giving advice?
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You keep saying in courage mentioned, do you mean encouragement?

Yes I do my auto correct sorry.
  • BlancheandSmooshyface
    BlancheandSmooshyface Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How do I delete items from my Personal Food List?
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    I don't think it's right to attack someone who is trying to help others. if you don't want my help then I won't help you. It's your decision if you don't want it then don't take it but the point is I'm here if anyone needs me.

Nobody is attacking you. People are skeptical about your offer and advice. You have almost no post history and haven't offered any information on the amount of weight you have lost, just that you aren't certified in any fitness or weight loss related field.

No I'm not I'm just here for motivation the reason I started this forum is because I know it's nice to have people to talk when trying to lose weight. I also know some good tips that might be helpful for others. However it's there choice to to take the advice but they don't have to take it.

purposes
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    I'm sorry it's my auto correct yes I mentioned encouragement.
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    I'm sorry it's my auto correct yes I mentioned encouragement.
    I meant encouragement
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

You are not being attacked!! If you want to see what is like to be attacked, start a post on the "evils of sugar" or "should I eat back my 1500 exercise calories I earned doing 3 classes of Insanity when I have already eaten 800 calories today? I am stuffed" /sarcasm

You need to understand, there is a lot of garbage advice on this site that seems to come from people that have very few post or weight loss experience. It is all relevant.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    What kind of stuff? :huh:
    This isn't confusing? it's pretty straight forward actually this is a my fitness pal community chat right? So I'm trying to help people lose weight or answer any questions they have.

The reason people are confused is because you have very few posts and are offering vague help about "stuff". Maybe you can just jump into the forums and start offering advice for people who have already asked for help in other threads. That way you can build your reputation and people will know if you have good advice to offer.

This.
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    How do I delete items from my Personal Food List?

If
    ksy1969 wrote: »

You are not being attacked!! If you want to see what is like to be attacked, start a post on the "evils of sugar" or "should I eat back my 1500 exercise calories I earned doing 3 classes of Insanity when I have already eaten 800 calories today? I am stuffed" /sarcasm

You need to understand, there is a lot of garbage advice on this site that seems to come from people that have very few post or weight loss experience. It is all relevant.

I do understand and I think it's best that I delete this forum no one wants my advice and understand I'm sorry for offending an
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nobody is attacking you. If someone was offering free financial advice online, you would ask about their background and credentials, yes? The same applies here. If you had originally posted about offering encouragement and support, trading "tips" or whatnot, you'd probably would've made 50 friends by now. The way you presented yourself (as a semi-professional offering fitness related advice) is why this thread hasn't gone the way you intended. Like others have said, find some friends on here - there are tons of awesome folks on this site - and start building a rep by answering other people's questions in the forums and see how that goes. Best of luck!
  • AmberDalum
    Options
    I'm sorry for the mis communication.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This thread is the lolz.